Chapter 19 - Mom...

[Chapter is a little shorter... sorry! Hope you enjoy!]

I went back to the hospital room while Ochako stayed behind with the girls.

When I got there, All Might was waiting for me.

- Young Midoriya!
- Hi again!
- You remember... your mother right?

As soon as he said that, I felt my heart sink.

- No, don't tell me somet-
- No, nothing has happened to her.

I sighed in relief.

- But, when I visited her about a month ago... she looked depressed.
- I'm going to go see her right now!
- You can do th-

I didn't leave him the time to finish. I dashed out of the room and ran through the corridors until I got outside. Outside, the group was standing by the doors. They waved at me but I was too distracted.

- Izuku!

I didn't respond, running towards my house like I've never ran before.

- Mom...

Tears started to escape my eyes while I ran. I had sadly forgotten about her and I deeply blames myself.

It took me a few minutes with the help of Full Cowl to get to my house.

When I reached the apartment, I knocked.

- W-who's there?

It was a faint voice. And then, someone opened.

- Mom!
- Izuku?!

I hugged her as I bursted out in tears.

- Izuku! Oh my god Izuku, my little boy!

She hugged me back tightly.

She had dark circles under her eyes, similar to mine, and she also got thinner, which worried me.

- When did you get back... she said through her tears.
- I'm here mom... Don't worry about me anymore.

She let go of me and held my shoulders. She smiled at me, tears still streaming down her face.

- What happened to you Izuku? Where were you? What's this? Why do you have scars?
- I'll explain everything mom.

I explained to her everything I said to the others. At the end of my speech, she bursted out in tears.

- I'm so sorry Izuku!

"Déjà vu?"

- It's ok mom, what's important is that I'm here with you.
- You're a strong and brave boy, my darling. I'm so proud of you for going through this and come back in one piece!
- Thanks mom.

I smiled at her.

- You also got taller! I never thought you would get taller than 165 cm! You look handsome Izuku!

I was embarrassed.

- Ah, u-um, thanks mom!

She smiled at me. We catched up for a few hours and she even made me my favorite dish as a welcome back gift. I stayed the night here and went back to U.A in the morning. But before that, I told my mom that I would be moving in the dorms. She was ok with it, only if I came to visit at least once each three days.

I packed a few things that I would probably need (mostly not need to be honest) and took off after hugging my mom.

Everyone was waiting in front of U.A with their their luggage and things, ready to move in. I joined class 1-A.

- Midoriya! Your mom agreed too? asked Kirishima.
- Yes, with conditions.
- Great! Everyone is here! Awesome! screamed Kaminari.

Then, Aizawa came and asked us to follow him. We made our way to our dorm.

[They move in, visit rooms, all that jazz, your probably read it/watched it already so let's yeet to a few days later.]

[3 days later...]

Everyone was finally moved in.

In the last three days, me and Ochako got used to be here again. It was fun, and we both realized how much we had missed this place.

But it was still there.

That horrible secret that they kept from everyone.

An important secret.

I had thought about it for all these days. It was eating away my mind.

I talked about it with Ochako, and she was also worried, but she also said not to think too much into it.

"Let's only use these quirks if necessary." is what she said.

[...]

I walked into class, greeted everyone with a smile and sat down at my place. Aizawa walked in and told everyone to shut up.

- Alright guys. Today, we will be going on Rescue Training.
- Wait, do you mean we're going back to the...
- Yes, the USJ. The security system has been upgraded a lot, and there are almost no chances of villains getting in.

Aizawa turned towards me.

- Also, Midoriya and Uraraka, your hero costumes are ready.

I smiled, happy at that fact.

- Now, go get ready, be outside in 15 minutes.
- Wait, we're going now? asked Kirishima.
- Yes. Don't be late, he said.

Everyone rushed towards the lockers room and put on their costume. I opened mine and saw my new costume.

It was exactly the same as before, but it was a bigger and had more protection around the arms because I asked for it.

When I got out, I saw Ochako. She looked so cute in her pink outfit.

- Aw, Izuku! Your costume is still as awesome! she said to me.
- T-Thanks! Y-You too!
- H-haha.

She blushed.

- Let's go, if we don't want to be late!

We rushed to the bus that would take us over there and got in, joining all of class 1-A.

[...]

When we got there, Thirteen was waiting for us, exactly like last time. He told us that the goal of all of this was to see how we improved over time.

As he separated class 1-A in teams for each of the zones, I felt a weird feeling overcome me.

I looked at Ochako, and saw a worried look on her face.

I approached her.

- Do you have this weird feeling? I asked.
- That feeling when you know something bad will happen?
- Yeah...