Chapter 11 - New Quirks

[Back to Midoriya's Point of View]
[Time: A few hours after All for One stabbed him with a syringe.]
[Location: League of Villains Hideout]

I woke up with a headache.

I was laying on the cold floor in a room I recognized as soon as I started to look around.

It was the room in which this all started, but the tables with the restraints weren't there anymore. I recognized the place because of the crumbled wall in the back Shigaraki used to scare us.

You might be wondering: "Why are you still doing this even though they think you are brainwashed?"

Well... The remote he showed us, he still brings it with him wherever he goes.

And the second reason is... that I don't think I even deserve to become a hero anymore nor do I want to stay in this place. In the first month that we were here, we both had killing missions. Of course, I refused to kill anyone after the two innocent men we killed in the first week. Both of us just knocked them unconscious. And this made Shigaraki mad. After each of the missions, he would continuously beat me up, but at least it was better than killing innocent people.

I stood up and looked beside me. Ochako was still out cold.

I noticed two beds at the far end of the room. I walked there and saw a note on one of them:

"You will stay here for two days without food nor water. Practive your newly acquired quirks, Ikuzu and Okacho."

All for One

- N-newly a-a-acquired q-qu-quirks? I whispered.

So these syringes...

I fell on my knees.

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"I never wanted this."

"I don't want this quirk!"

I heard mumblings behind me.

I ran up to Ochako.

- I-Izuku?

I was scared that there were cameras here.

- Are you feeling ok Ochako?
- Yeah, my head just hurts. What happened?
- These syringes... they were the quirks.
- W-what do you mean?
- That guy forced those quirks inside of us.
- Oh...

She looked down.

- Can I be honest with you Izuku?
- Uh, y-yeah! I said, blushing a little.
- I think we're turning into monsters.

Her sentence hit me hard. But... she was right.

- I-

I didn't finish my sentence when I heard sobbing.

- I-I w-want t-to g-go home I-Izuku... she said, sobbing uncontrollably.

Seeing her like this made me sad. I approached her and hugged her. She hugged me right back, making blush a little more.

- I want to g-go home t-too... I said with a trembling voice.

But she knew as well as me that things would never be the same.

That it wouldn't be easy.

That there's almost little to no chance of us going back to U.A.

- Just know, Ochako that... we did this for our friends and family. Don't blame yourself too much..., I tried to reassure her.
- Y-Y-Yeah...

She looked up at me and smiled a little. I answered with a similar smile and we both started to laugh through our tears like two idiots.

I stood up and held out my hand out to her.