1

I shivered, rubbing my arms trying to warm myself up.

"Mom?" I looked around the corner into the living room before moving to her room.

As I walked through the hallway, I could see my breath. Which honestly is nothing new.

And neither is the lack of response.

Sighing I went back to the living room and burrowed under the multiple blankets on the couch.

I laid there for about a half hour before I heard the door open.

"Why is it unlocked?"

Sitting up, I watched as Mom locked the door before trying the handle.

"Mom."

That caused her to spin around and stare at me.

"Percy!" A huge smile spread across her face as she rushed to hug me.

I rested my head on her shoulder, the little heat I had being leeched away.

"Mom, no offense but..." I pulled away, my fingers starting to turn blue.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to steal your heat." She quickly let go of me. "Though if you want to share some..."

Rolling my eyes I turned my head so she could kiss my cheek.

The moment she did so, I felt almost all my heat leave my body.

Sighing, I watched as my skin turn a pale blue

"Now can we do the reunion thing?" Mom raised an eyebrow, opening her arms to me.

I didn't react, shifting my gaze back to the familiar color of my skin.

"Percy..." She mumbled before pulling me towards her. "What's wrong?"

My body started shaking and a few tears fell, dropping off of my face as frozen droplets.

"I...I don't want to talk about it Mom."

"Please don't cry honey, you know if you cry I'll cry." She rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"Sorry." I nuzzled my face into her shoulder.

She ran her fingers through my stiff hair. "You don't need to be sorry for anything... how about you go get changed? We need to go meet up with the others."

"Why do we even bother? Nothing ever changes. Nothing we try ever works...the closest we get is with Firestorm or-" I broke off, trying to keep the sob from escaping.

"If we don't try, we'll never be able to fix this...and I know neither of us wants that. So go, I finally got that tear fixed."

Nodding I got up and walked into my room, hot air washing over me.

It might not keep me warm, but it helps me retain heat longer.

Grabbing my shirt and pants I quickly changed. Then I found my shoes and...

Well, guess Mom forgot to mention fixing the cape also meant adding some fur trim and-

Is this like a Sherpa blanket?

I rolled my eyes, fastening it around my neck.

Never really had a choice did I?

The decision that made me like this was made for me. Everything in my life is already carved out, I just don't know how.

The Fates do. And they seem to make it their mission to add to whatever cruel horrific image they're carving.

I walked back out to the living room, Mom having changed into her own outfit.

"You know, I thought we were just supposed to talk to them, not rob someplace." I raised an eyebrow.

"We kinda decided to do this when we meet up with Freeze. Makes him feel less awkward in his refrigerated suit if we're all dressed up."

"Makes some sense. Now are going or what?" I tapped my foot impatiently.

"We have to make it look like we're robbing the place first." Mom walked into the kitchen and came back with the toaster.

I sighed. "You couldn't have grabbed the ice machine could you?"

"Junior would get too much of a kick out of that."

Years earlier...

"Take Percy and go!" Sally pressed the bundled child into my arms. "If you leave now, they won't-"

She cut off as the interior alarm sounded.

"Go! If I don't make it, look for her father. He'll find you if you start."

Nodding, I rushed out into the cold. I kept Percy tight against my chest, trying to keep as much of the cold away from her as possible.

But if we're out here too long...

Shaking my head I headed towards the machine and entered the building that protected it.

"Okay, we just need to hold on for a little while. If we can do that, your momma is going to get ahold of someone to help us."

Even as I tried to reassure my best friend's daughter...I know it's not true.

By the time anyone gets up here, we'll be long dead.

Not to mention I just heard something explode.

Taking a deep breath, I laid Percy on the ground. It's the H.I.V.E. I know it is.

And they probably want this and they aren't afraid to kill to get it.

"I'm sorry. But it's going to be better this way." If I sabotage the cooling system in here...

It should kill us instantaneously, not the way it would if we were left outside.

Sighing I started my work. I never should have convinced Sally to do this with me. Never should have told them I needed an assistant.

Never should have told her to bring Percy.

After I finished, I picked the small girl back up, planning to give her every bit of warmth I have to make this less scary to her.

Finally my sabotage had an effect and the temperature dropped.

As I felt all my heat leeching away, I smiled. At least she won't have to suffer.

Well

I really need to stop making more books when I have a bunch already...

And

Ideas

Ships

And...

Name for Percy

Oh

Oh

And um...

THIS IS A FEMALE PERCY BOOK I SWEAR TO THE GODS IF I GET ONE MORE COMMENT ABOUT PERCY BEING A DUDE I WILL FLIP MORE THAN THIS CAUSE THERE'S NO GOOD REASON WHY YOU HAVE TO POUNT THAT OUT IF I'M USING FEMALE PRONOUNS THERE'S PROBABLY A GOOD REASON

phew. Finally got that off my chest

I'm gonna eat then sleep

See yah