32

My fingers hurt and I quickly fixed my scarf before shoving my hand back in my pocket. I knelt on the ground and sighed.

Mom sat down and wrapped an arm around me. I leaned into her side as we both stared at the research base.

"I'm still upset they reopened this. After so many people died, they decide to rebuild and reopen the base. The HIVE didn't get what they wanted, so there's no guarantee that they won't attack again. They haven't yet, but..." She sighed.

Some of the snow in front of us melted and it rose up into the sane form I've guided it into for the past four years. It quickly froze and Mom and I sat there for a little longer, not saying anything.

"What do you guys want?" I asked.

"Percy, you-"

I stood up and turned around. "Guys, I really don't want to do this. Not today."

"And why not?" Connor crossed his arms.

Swallowing, I looked back at Mom and the ice flower before turning my gaze back to the Team. "This was the day my mom died. The day I got my ice powers. It's not a good day for me."

Snow crunched under Nico's boots and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You know what I said." I mumbled.

"You're still my cousin. A cousin who's lost their mom. I know how that feels Percy." He didn't let me go. After a minute, I returned the hug.

"So, uh, I'm guessing you're the Percy I know from school?" Wally asked.

"What do you think?" I chuckled, knowing my eyes were currently blue. He walked over and I pulled away from Nico and hugged Wally.

"You know this means I am definitely hanging out at your house a lot more."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled. "Thoygh if you show up in costume, everyone else is going to have a heart attack. So show up in costume once, kay?"

"Definitely."

"Percy, we should go. I know we both have enough heat, but..." Mom trailed off and I nodded. The air up here leeches away a lot, even when we're bundled up like this.

"I'll see you back home." I waved. Mom and I quickly went to the ATV. We climbed in.

"You guys ready to go?" Leonard looked at us.

We nodded and we rode back to the nearest town in silence. I ended up taking a nap and woke up as Leonard cut the engine.

"Hey babe." Cam helped me down. "How'd it go?"

"Team showed up, but it went better than I expected it to." I shrugged. The two of us walked to the hotel. It wasn't hard to find. Every year since I can remember, we've been coming up here, to this small town consisting of a few houses, an airport, municipal  buildings, and the hotel, which functioned as a rest stop for researchers on their way to the base.

Cam and I crashed on the couch in the lobby, chatting about random things until Mom and Leonard came in.

"So...are you ready for school to start up again?" Cam asked as we waited for them to unlock the door to the room.

"Don't remind me. I'm going to have to tell one of the teachers about my powers."

"Why?"

"He's a centaur. More specifically, he's Chiron, trainer of heroes. If I don't tell him, and Thalia or Nico does...I'm going to be on dish duty for the next three years or until I die."

"That doesn't sound too bad."

"It is when your at a camp for demigods." I walked into the room and immediately took off my eight layers of coats. I put some water in mugs. I focused and steam started rising off of it. "I love being able to do this." I poured the chocolate mix into the hot water.

Before I could take a sip, arms wrapped around me. I relaxed into the hug and looked up at Leonard. "Hello. What do you want?"

"I told you, you're basically my daughter. And I wanted to hug you. I know this is hard."

"It would be less hard if I could drink my hot chocolate." I mumbled, pulling away from him. I downed my drink and regretted it almost immediately.

Cam laughed at me and I glared.

"It was your own stupidity." He poked me. I glared harder.

He rolled his eyes and picked me up, before tossing me onto a bed. He jumped on next to me. My body lifted off of the mattress before landing.

"You're going to launch me off of a bed one of these days."

"Haven't yet." Cam replied, cuddling against me. I stared down at him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Do I need to implement a ruler rule?"

"Not my biological dad!"

"I'll call your dad." Mom said. "I'm pretty sure he'd choose something like an ocean between the two of you."

I groaned and decided to snuggle against Cam.

Despite everything that's happened...I think that things are going to end up for the better.

I mean, Dad knows about me needing heat, so even though we can't cure it I can get heat from someone without killing them.

My mind flicked to Leo and for a moment before I drifted off to sleep I saw his face coated in frost and the fire leave his eyes.

Warmth washed over me and I looked around. Everything was dark.

"It was my choice."

I smiled and chuckled. "Thanks, Leo. For everything."

That's all folks

This is the end of this book because I could think of any other ways to continue forward. Honestly I don't know how I drew it out this far.

I'm gonna go figure out something for lunch

(Also, hi anyone reading this at school. I have classes 2 days a week.)

For the last time on this book

See yah