21

I scanned the streets below, looking for any sign of myself.

Do you see anything Perce?

Nope. Though I think that'll change pretty fast.

Why? Robin asked.

You didn't tell them?

Well no, it never came up and we haven't had any attacks since we joined. Nico responded. Except for one.

Yeah that's why I didn't want to join. Imagine how bad it would be with me here.

Why would people want to attack you? Megan asked.

Not people Megan, just as demigods exist so do the monsters they were said to fight. These monsters seek out demigods to kill them. Kaldur said.

How do you know this Aqualad? Artemis questioned.

As Atlanteans we answer not only to our king, we answer to a higher king. Lord Poseidon. He has one demigod child who we are charged with keeping an eye on if she is in our vincinity. Thus we have followed her quests.

I sighed and shook my head. Of course Dad told them to do that.

Because I definitely can't take care of myself.

Wait, does that-

Yes my dad's Poseidon, okay? Yes, that makes me a princess but Thals and Neeks are in the same position.

Excuse me, I'm the Ghost King.

I think it's cute that you think our dads are just as protective as your dad. My dad could care less if he killed me. Your dad is willing to start a war if my dad so much as threatens you.

I laughed and stood up. She's not wrong.

My laughter slowly trailed off and then I opened up my bag. I pulled off my hoodie and sweat and put on my cape.

I let a little bit of ice gather around me and I took a deep breath, allowing my skin to change.

This might be a stupid thing to do, but I want to be able to live a normal life. I want to live a life that I actually want to live. I want to live a life where my only worries are school and having enough heat.

I swallowed and carefully, but quickly, made my way to where I knew Megan was at.

We had spread around the city with Megan at the center so we could make the most out of her telepathy.

Percy, are you giving us the silent treatment or did something happen?

Sorry, dozed off. I don't see anything.

I easily scaled the building where Megan was keeping a lookout.

I came up behind her and I formed a sphere of ice in my hand before throwing it at her.

It hit her head with a satisfying thud and she collapsed to the ground. I quickly checked her pulse, drawing away some heat from her before freezing her in a large chunk of ice.

Mom said-

"Should I be concerned?" Speak of the devil...

"Mom, I'm kinda busy." I looked over at her.

A small smile was on her face as she walked over. "Knocked her out first, smart. But seriously, should I be concerned?"

"Dad wants me to help capture myself. I'm just gonna make a show of this, knock a few of them out and then go back to where I was at and freeze myself. But keep water around me so I won't lose as much heat."

Mom nodded. "Okay, do you want any help?"

"Sure, we have to do this before they realize- welp too late." I formed another ice sphere and threw it at Nico before he could realize what was happening. "Two down, five to go."

"I'll go try to stall them." Mom created an ice bridge before skating over it.

I ran a hand through my hair as I stared down at my unconscious cousin. I knelt at his side and kissed his cheek, trying not to steal too much of his heat.

Though it's a nice eighty degree day so I don't think it would hurt him too much if I did take too much.

Although, the ice we create lasts pretty long despite the heat. The shortest time I've see our ice last on a hot day was about an hour.

I followed Mom's lead and took off towards the next person. Which happened to be Robin.

He was a bit more difficult to take out, but if you can freeze him in one place it gets easier.

Then I moved on to...Kaldur.

"Why do you do this?" He asked trying to hit me with some water.

"I need the heat. I know you know Kid Flash. He knows I don't do this because I want to." I shot ice at him.

"If you do not want to do this, why did you not let Lady Hestia help you?"

A sigh escaped my lips. "I have my reasons." I shot forward and kicked him in the chest before freezing him to the ground and absorbing his body heat. "And you don't need to know them."

Immediately, I turned and ran back to the place where I was stationed, meeting up with Mom along the way.

I pulled my hoodie and sweats over my outfit, after tossing my Cape into my bag and giving it to Mom.

"You'll be okay?" Mom asked.

"I know what I'm doing Mom. I'll see you at home."

I pulled water from the air and surrounded myself with it before freezing it.

I took a deep breath and settled down for a nap.

Let's see how long it takes for them to get over here.

922

9-2-2 9-2-2

Wooooooo

I will never explain!

And I hope you enjoyed this.

I'm gonna try to get a chapter of Odoyan Chronicles done but I have to go pick up my mom from dialysis in about 2 hours then I have chiropractor today...

Oh and coach added Thursday night to our tennis schedule

Le sigh

Anyway

What do you think is going to happen?

And I'm gonna try to get the August voting stuff up soon.

So...

See yah