22

The water surrounding me spilled out onto the roof.

"Kelp Head! You okay?" Thalia knelt next to me and placed her fingers on the side of my neck. "She has a pulse, but she's really cold."

I groaned and sat up, rubbing my head. "What happened?"

"Blizzard happened." Nico said.

"And so did Killer Frost." Artemis grumbled.

"You were in water, why didn't you break out of there?" Thalia asked.

I pressed my lips together and looked away. "My powers...they've been acting up. We all know they're connected to my emotions. And if I don't feel like I should be healed, they won't heal me."

Thalia and Nico's shoulders both fell and Nico pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened at his action and I pushed him away.

"Okay Death Breath is trying to hug people, shouldn't you be more concerned about that?"

"I'm pretty sure what you just said is more concerning." Thalia put her hand on my shoulder.

I shook it off and then stood up looking at the Team. "I was supposed to try and catch Blizzard, key word being try. Now that I've done that, I'm gonna go home and nap."

I turned around and started to walk away.

"So that's it?! You're gonna help us once and then not do anything else? I thought demigods were supposed to be heroes!"

I bristled but didn't turn around. "I'm only here because my dad forced me to be. I've had enough with the gods making me do things and they're lucky I'm too loyal to turn against them. So don't accuse me of not being a hero Artemis. I've been doing this since I was twelve and I've fought in two wars within two years. I've led two wars in two years and I have to carry the guilt of letting kids, my friends, die."

With that I jumped off of the building, rolling to absorb the impact. This is when I'm glad I can do stuff like this. I mean I only broke my arm cause I landed on it wrong. Not like I haven't been hit against a pillar by a giant and got away with only a nosebleed.

Sure it was a nosebleed that awakened the world but...

I sighed and walked away from the building, heading through the city until I arrived at a familar apartment building. A small amount of frost appeared on the handle as I opened the door.

I made my way to the right apartment before knocking.

Please be here...

"I guess I'll get it!"

The door opened to reveal Wally's mom. She smiled at me and laughed softly. "Boys. What do you need Percy?"

"Is Wally here?" I asked, shifting nervously.

"Hold on a second. Wally! Percy's here!"

"Coming!"

Before I knew it Wally was out in the hallway, the door closed behind him.

"So, what's the plan? Hang out here? Go to the park? Talk about why the heck you're dating an ice villain?"

I chuckled. "Wally, I know what I'm doing. Besides, Cam's not that bad of a guy. And dating him actually keeps me safe from all the other ice villains. Hey, did you see the fight?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What fight?"

I pulled out my phone and pulled up an article showing my mom fighting against Artemis. What?

Do you really think I fell asleep that fast? I was on my phone for like an hour before I started to feel the slightest bit tired.

Wally tensed. "When did this happen?"

"Um...it says it was about an hour ago. And the League isn't issuing a statement."  I scrolled through the article. "I'm willing to be your aunt is going to cover this. But it...isn't it weird that Kid Flash wasn't there? There were reports of Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, Artemis, Miss Martain, and two unidentified teens, but no sign of KF."

"Maybe he felt like going after Blizzard wasn't the best use of his time. And maybe he knows how she helps people. I mean...look at what she's done for us. Me with my dad back when he would drink, you with that bastard who your mom used to date."

I nodded and put my phone away. "Do you want to go get food?"

"Sure."

"You're buying your own." I smiled before the two of us walked out to the street.

"I don't eat that much."

"Wally...you've never been all that good at lying." My smile didn't fade, even as I noticed a blur following alongside us.

"And you're not all that good with people, your point is?"

I looked at my feet. "You...you would tell me if there was something wrong right? You've been acting weird lately and I thought- I thought it was just from me, you know, being gone for so long, but I'm getting worried Wally. Normally we hang out all the time, we always have. And now...is it me? Do you not want to be around me?"

Wally held out his arm to stop me. "I'm not trying to avoid you. I started helping my uncle in his lab remember? And that's been taking up more and more of my time. I forgot you had no idea the work was picking up. It's stressing me out and I guess you've been picking up on that. But right now, I don't have any work to do. So we can hang out. Free from any distractions."

I looked up at him, a smile tugging at my lips. "Good. Cause I have to do some stuff. Now come on! I'll race you to the diner!"

I took off.

"Hey! No fair!"

Rrrrrrrrrroooooooooooouuuuuuullllllllleeeeeeeeetttttttttteeeeeee

Day

And this is...

Well

I spent most of the day playing the Sims

Went to town cause I thought I had tennis

Got the text that tennis was cancelled

Came home

Played more sims

Yelled about my sims being horrible parents and yelling at the toddler to stop being an idiot

Then I typed this chapter

And uh...

Question

What do you guys want to see?

And also........

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

(EARLY)

now

See yah