14

"Hey Wally." A soft voice spoke.

I looked to my left to see Percy leaning on the locker next to mine.

"Hey, how was your- wait. Percy?!" My eyes widened, the realization finally sinking in

She laughed a little bit. "Yes Wallace, it's me. I just had a bit of family stuff going on up in Alaska."

I pulled her into a quick hug before releasing her. "Sorry, but everybody thought you were kidnapped...again."

Her shoulders fell slightly before she smiled. "So...ready for this year?"

I shook my head. "Not at-"

I cut off, seeing Megan and Connor walking towards me.

"Hi Wally." Megan smiled.

Batman asked us to be exchange students.

"Hey Megan, Connor. This is my friend Percy. She uh, doesn't talk much."

I could see Percy shy away, her bright blue eyes focused on the floor.

"Percy, this is Connor and Megan." I smiled gently at her. She doesn't do well with new people.

Even when she does, it takes her a while to warm up to them.

"And...who are they?" Her eyes focused on something behind me and I turned around to see Thalia and Nico.

"That's Thalia and Nico. They're friends too."

Percy

My jaw clenched and I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Wait...Percy?" Thalia's eyebrows drew together.

"Yeah?" I tilted my head.

"Uh, nothing. You just remind me of our cousin."

I nodded and looked at Wally. "What lunch?"

"Same as last year."

"Good. I'll come-"

I felt arms wrap around my waist and I could see the heroes tense.

"Hey babe." Cam mumbled, resting his chin on my shoulder. He pressed a quick kiss to my cheek before releasing me.

"What? Never seen a guy hug his girlfriend before?" He questioned. Bending down, he picked up my books off of the floor.

"Uh, I'm just confused. Did she meet you at that summer camp she goes to or something?" Wally rubbed the back of his head.

"Nah. We were both taking a walk in the park and it started raining. I had ab umbrella and, well, we hit it off." Cam explained. "Come on Percy. We don't want to be late."

I nodded slightly, trying to keep myself from touching other people as I walked towards my first period class.

Cam walked beside me, casually glaring at any boy who happened to look at me for a second too long.

"Why are you here Cam?" I looked up at him, stopping outside my first class.

He raised an eyebrow before leaning down. "I want to-"

"Cool Percy, looks like we've got first period together." Wally threw his arm over my shoulder. "And uh, I'm Wally."

He held his hand out so Cam
should shake it.

"Cameron. I gotta go, my class is on the other side of the building." Cam handed me my books before walking away.

"Dude, how did you manage to get someone before I did?" Wally asked.