Too Late

Shayne's Pov

I got to starbucks and walked in. I soon saw Alex sitting at a table with two drinks in front if him. I walk over to Alex and sit down in front of him.

"Hey" He said. While handing me a drink.

"Hey. Oh, got me a drink." I said surprised.

"Yea. Its just how you like it." He said looking proud of himself.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I said

"No problem. You are my date so....." He trailed off.

"So, what did you want to ask me?" I asked very curiously.

"I wanted to ask...if you would like to be my boyfriend? I know we have only known each other for a month, but I really do like you. I feel like we connect well. So, Shayne, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked looking worried.

"...Yes" I said a little hesitantly. We talked for a little while and then we each went our separate ways. This was a goodnight.

Damien's Pov

I heard the front door open and close. I turn around to see Shayne smiling. I wonder why.

"Hey Damien" He said to me. While walking over to the couch too sit down.

"Hey Shayne. How was the date?" I asked, with a slight smile. I hope nothing went too well.

"It was great. Alex even asked me to be his boyfriend." He said with a big grin.

My face fell immediately. I can't tell Shayne I like him now. I don't want to ruin his relationship. Also maybe even our friendship.

"That's great." I said with a fake smile. But he didnt notice.

"So, what about you?" Shayne asked me.

"Me and Caroline broke up." I said still sad.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you dont mind, may I ask why?" He asked.

"I told her that its not you its me. And that I think I'm gay..." I said drifting off.

Shayne was shocked and surprised. He then hugged me and told me it would be okay. But maybe not. The one person I have a crush is already taken. I'm too late.