The Truth

(4 months later)

Damien's Pov

It has been four months since Shayne started dating Alex. I have been drinking ever since. Drinking is my way of coping with my depression and anxiety. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. It's the only way.

Shayne's Pov

Damien has been acting weird lately. He even started drinking out of nowhere. He has a problem. Every night he goes and drinks. Then the next day he has a hangover. This is not good for him. I've tried getting him to stop, but he doesn't listen.

(1 week later)

I came home to find Damien in the kitchen drinking again.

"Damien?" I asked looking worried.

"Yes Daniel" He said looking up to me with tears in his eyes.

"Who's Daniel? Its me, Shayne. Are you okay? Why are you crying?" I asked.

I'm worried. What's wrong?

"No. I'm not." He said still crying.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"I love Shayne, that's what happened. And I drink every night just to help with the pain I have. I can't have Shayne. He's taken and I don't want to lose him as a friend. And ruin his relationship." He said. Now he's crying even more.

I'm shocked, surprised and sad, all at the same time. I had no idea he felt like that way about me. All of sudden old feelings came rushing back. I immediately went over to Damien and hugged him.

"I'm sorry" I told him. He was still drunk, so he said something crazy.

"The hot pockets are ready." I laughed at what he had said.

I stopped hugging and directed him to his room. I then put him to bed. I walked out went of my room and fell alseep.