Chapter 8

"Elle I'm really worried about you!" Nash exclaimed. We had been in the car, which Nash had hired, for around ten minutes and this is how he decided to start a conversation.

"What? Why are you worried?" I asked Nash. I looked over at him, he was focusing on the road but with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm worried because this can't keep happening Elle." He looked over at me but then went to face the road again.

"Well if you are so worried about this why did you let me come?" I asked.

"Because I didn't think this would happen!" Nash raises his voiced at me.

"It's happened just the once Nash!" I replied. I looked out the window. As we drove the buildings would whizz past us soon to disappear behind us.

"What about last month? You started panicking. As well you have the dream at least once a fortnight, and that's on a really good week." Nash replied. I continued to look out the window, I didn't want to make eye contact with him as I could feel my eyes start to water.

"Well I can't help it. And that was last month plus I cant control my dreams!"

"Yeah well we could get you some help." He replied. Not this again. Mum tried mentioning it to me but I insisted no.

"What like a doctor, or maybe you could get me some pills to help!" I replied my body was now filling with anger.

"Yeah anything to help!" Nash agreed not realising I was being sarcastic.

"No Nash, your making out like I'm ill, I'm fine ok!" I said my voice started to raise.

"I didn't mean it like that Elle, you know I didn't. I just mean that -"

I cut him of "I know what you mean Nash!" I replied.

"How?" He asked. I quickly looked over him for a second and we caught glances so I quickly turned to look back out the window.

"Because everyone is thinking the same thing. She needs help, she can't control how she feels. So that must mean she needs a doctor or a therapist or a support group! No I don't need it. Maybe I just need time. But no one would understand that as they never do. No one understands and no one ever will because no one knows what it is like for your friend to be murdered and it to be your fault. You don't have that guilt do you? No you don't. I hate it. And everyday that goes by I think about it and when I do start to forget, some one just has to say one word and all those memories come flooding back in a second. But then again what's the point in telling you this, it's not like you will get it." I shouted. Tears were now flooding down my eyes. Nash didn't say anything. He just continued to drive with a blank expression on his face. He was speechless. We sat like this until Nash pulled up infront of the hotel.

"I'm going to park-"

Once again I cut him of by getting out the car and shutting the door. I then ran up to the hotel room. Luckily when I walked in only Cameron was there.

"Hey," he said, he pulled his eyes from his phone and looked up at me. "Are you ok, have you been crying."

"It's a long story. Umm Cam I was wondering if you and me could swap beds for a couple of days so I don't have to share with Nash?" I sniffled.

"Yeah sure, is everything ok?" He asked. He was now standing on his feet.

"Yeah, y-yeah, I'm fine!" I replied. As I said that I cracked. My knees turned to jelly and I almost fell, luckily Cam caught me and pulled me into a hug. We stood there for a minute, him holding me up with me crying into his chest, his chin resting on my head. I then pulled away as Hayes walked out the bathroom.