Chapter 7: How I couldn't look at him (NEW)

Chapter Seven: How I couldn't look at him

Edited and Rewritten

I open my eyes as Monday morning light shines through the window. I sit up from the cold hard living room floor, my body aching, and my eyes crusted with dried tears. I shiver as my clothes stick to me by my cold blood, a small pool of blood beside me and the smell of copper filling the air.

I glance at David, who is passed out on the living room couch, a beer spilling over the floor that is drooping in my hands. I lean over and take it from his hand, and put it on the floor beside him. The clock on the wall reads half five, so I slowly pull my aching and bruised naked body to my knees. I sob quietly to myself as I crawl up the stairs to the bedroom.

My eyes are bleary, tears fall down my cheeks, and I can taste the saltness of them as I try to breathe through the pain. I push open the door to the bathroom, and I use the sink to pull myself up onto my feet - the breath leaves my lungs as I look at myself. A parade of tears pours from my eyes and down my cheeks. They mix with the dry blood that is splattered on my face, and my body was covered in the marks of his hand.

I turn on the shower, my chin trembles as I look at my naked body. I step into the shower, watching as it turns red with the remains of my blood - the water rushes over me and eases the pain of my body and in my heart. A loud sob erupts from my body, and I collapsed to my knees as an overwhelming sadness sweeps over me like a cloud.

Once I can control myself, I get out of the shower, and I brush my teeth to remove the bloodstains. I look over my naked body at the bruises that now decorated my body from this weekend. My thigh was marked by the harsh dark swelling in the shape of the buckle from David's belt that he used to whip me.

I limp into the bedroom, and I get dressed as slowly as possible due to the vibrating pain through my entire body. I pull on a pair of black trousers to cover the bruises and wounds that adorn my legs.

My leg felt like it was going to give way from me at any second as I stood in front of the mirror, putting on the thick makeup to cover up the wounds caused by David's hatred.

I jump as the bedroom door crashes against the wall, and I see David standing staring at me with a dark, hate-filled and loathing in his eyes. I freeze, unable to move from the spot as he stalks over to me, with heavy footsteps and his breath heavy and puffing. I could feel my heartbeat race, and I am scared that it would rip out of my chest as if my skin was nothing but paper.

I try to turn away from him, but his rough and callous hand grabs at my face turning me to look at him. His eyes are dark, and I do not see the man that loves me in front of me - this man holds no love in his eyes. His hand squeezes my jaw like a vice, and I feel as if my teeth are about to break, causing my eyes to water.

"You are not to look at him. You are not to speak to him," David threatens me through gritted teeth, his words slurred, and the smell of vodka is so strong that I can taste it. It clings to me like a second skin.

"I know, David. I won't," I tell him, my chin trembling as my mouth dries and my hands clamp up. He wraps his hand in my hair, and I let out a whimper as he yanks me to the ground, causing my leg to give way from under me, and I land on my hip.

"Get up; you are nothing but a worthless clumsy bitch," David spits at me, and I swallow the sob that is rising my throat. I try to clamber to my feet as quickly as I can, but a sharp pain in my thigh causes me to tumble back to my knees. I chew on my lip, and I push through the intense shooting pain, and I get to my feet.

David stands swaying drunkenly in front of me, his eyes scanning me carefully. A scream escapes my lips as David shoves me onto our bed and climbs on top of me.