~6~

Black. It was all just black.. Empty... I'd landed in the abyss a while ago. Could have been years even. There really didn't seem to be any sense of time there. I'd been venturing through this place since I got there, trying to find the "Other mistake" that Fate had talked about. So far, I'd found nothing. I walked and walked until I saw a figure in the distance. I almost immediately started running toward them, relieved I'd finally found someone. As I drew near, I slowed once again to a walk. They had a blue, dust-covered jacket with a red, torn scarf wrapped around their neck. It looked like they had a dark purple and black bandana wrapped around their head, and they wore dark purple fingerless gloves. They wore jeans.. leggings..? Jeggins..?? They wore jeggins that had the same design as Classic's shorts, and dark purple tennis shoes. They seemed to be whispering to themselves. Or the air? Both?? I approached them slowly and eventually said "Hi..?"

They didn't even flinch, just turned around slowly. I realized the bandana was wrapped around their eye sockets, with various crack coming from the right side. The first thought that crossed my mind was that they may be blind, but they were facing me directly so I doubted it. "Hi" they replied. Excuse me, SHE replied. I'd never met a female skeleton before... "What's your name..?" I asked, still wondering if she'd attack me.

"Did Fate not tell you, Change?"

"Wait, wha-"

"I'll tell you later, alright?"

"Fate did that too! Everyone else glitches when they say my name. Even I can't say it!"

"I know, I'll explain later.."

"Well, what's your name then?"

"Nova"

"Well, nice to meet you!"

"Ok"

She seemed... blank. It was like she didn't have a care, which could be possible. But still, she was acting more careless than Classic! "Are you ok? You seem a bit blank.." I said, honestly just wanting answers. "You know what.." she started, reaching for her bandana. She pulled it off, saying, "I'll just explain everything..." I was shocked at what I saw. Her sockets were a lot different. Her sockets were dark purple, her right eyelight was blue and had severe cracks surrounding it, while the other was orange. Her eyes sort of reminded me of Error's, just... different. "Have a seat... this could take a while"

She proceeded, "A long time ago, before even Ink existed, Fate created Void and Petal. They were the goddesses of the Multiverse. After a while, Fate created 'mates' for them. The original Killer and Blue." "So that's why there was always only a KillerTale and UnderSwap 2!" I exclaimed. She nodded, continuing, "Somewhere along the way, they had children. Void and Killer had one child by the name of Break(my mistake, four OCs here. Sorry!). Petal and Blue had two children, Dust and Nova. Me." she paused for a bit to let me think a bit about it. "Dust had the ghost of a third, failed child. Papyrus. That ghost followed him, and only him and I could see the ghost. A few years later, Killer died of unknown causes, which caused a war. Killer's death drove Void insane, and Petal had no choice but to fight her. Void almost killed Petal when..." she paused. For a long time. I actually started to see a touch of grief in her blank eyes. "Void landed the final blow. Although, Petal wasn't the one hit..." she paused again. I was patient, knowing that whatever she had to say was the one thing that seemed to make her feel something. "Dust.. Dust jumped in the way... I watched it happen... We all watched it happen..." there was a long pause, which is kind of a good thing. I was too shocked for words. "Petal, in a fit of grief, killed Void. This also killed herself, because they are connected in that way." Another pause. It seemed that talking about her dead family was hard.. Even for her... "Once her death was done, the war was over. Mostly because I was the last one alive... except for my cousin. Break is still out there, yet I don't have the chance to find her. I discovered that both my brothers were ghosts, so I wasn't all that lonely. Even so, my previous grief made me 97% emotionless." 'So that explains that...' I thought. "That's when Fate created Ink. Ink made absolute chaos of the once empty void, so I tried stopping him. Fate ended up throwing me here... but I did end up saving my once home. It stayed as what I believe you know as the Anti-Void. It's been lonely, but I do have my brothers. And now, it seems I have you too." she finished. 

"So how did you know my name?" I asked. "I'm the one that gave it to you. I have one ability here, and that's access to the 'Change' Files. At first, I discarded it. I wanted nothing to do with the power, so I left it there for a while. That is, until you came along. I watched your adventure and struggles, and eventually decided that your name couldn't be the one Fate gave you. I decided to name you 'Change Sans' because you changed your own path. Something that only one other person has done before. Me." she explained. "Then what was my original name? Not even Fate seemed to know." I asked, genuinely curious as to what my original name was. "Your original name was 'Lust Sans'. Then, it temporarily changed to 'Unlust Sans' or simply 'Sans'. Then I renamed your files 'Change Sans'." she explained thoroughly. "Oh.." I had absolutely nothing to say at that point. I was just... shocked. "So, next I can explain how you get out of here" Nova stated suddenly. I couldn't help myself. I perked up with shining, hopeful eyelights as she explained how I could escape. My hopeful expression... soon disappeared... and was replaced by nothingness... nothing.. but... flat-out sympathy for this skeleton I'd just met...