Chapter 9

**Ryan in pic above**

Ryan's POV

Well my appreciation for God is about to come to an end because it's been a month since I first met kanan, and throughout this whole time I didn't get a single chance to talk to him alone, my head is about to explode, my infatuation uhh I mean my curiosity towards him is growing day by day and there is no solution to it.

For the past month he has become a part of my friend circle well we can say has been forced to become a part of our group by Aarti.

Aarti the plan spoiler, yes that's what I call her nowadays, well only in my mind, because I don't want to be dead by saying that out loud.

The reason is because she ruined my perfect chance to talk to kanan that day a month ago when we were sitting in the café garden.

Flashback

His face fell as he read the message and he said with a frown "He won't be able to make it before the lecture"

"It's okay I'll keep you company "I replied with a smile.

"oh you don't have to uhmmmmm"he looked away while saying that.

Does he not want me here.

"I mean you don't have to but thank you" He said with a smile.

Guess he wants me here.

Just as I was about to say something to him, we heard a loud voice calling for us.

"RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" Aarti was literally running towards us with like this inhumane vampire speed.

She plopped down next to me with so much force that my coffee cup tipped over and  the coffee spilled on the grass.

I looked at her with wide eyes, did she apologise. No.

She just giggled with a cheeky "OOPS".

"So, what are you doing here don't you have a class right now "I asked her.

"Uggghhhhh don't ask"

Okay.

"The professor kicked me out ".

well I didn't ask but thank you for the information.

"Why "I asked while laughing.

"Something about my report being irrelevant to what we were actually supposed to do "She huffed.

"So what now, are you..."she totally ignored my question and scooted closer to Kanan.

"Heyy I didn't even see you behind the hulk "she said to him while literally latching herself to his arm.

Well this is uncomfortable to watch.

"Uhhhmmm yeah, have a free period, uhnnn ryan was kind enough to keep me company "he replied shyly.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww"Aarti squealed.

He turned more red at that.

"Hey did you see the..."and she started chatting away with him for one thing or another.

End of Flashback

She hogged kanan all to herself for the next two hours that day until it was time for all of us to go to our respective classes and since then I didn't get any opportunity like that.

I may or may not have skipped my one or two lectures to see if I could find him alone.

Well that sounds perverted.

I mean alone so that I could talk to him and hopefully figure out the whole scenario that is going on for literally a month.

As soon as my class finished I headed to the café, I know for sure everyone would  be there, I don't even know how all of my friends reach there before me even though mostly all of our schedules are same just different classes.

None of my friends share any class with me except for Sameer who share like two of my classes and those are the only days when I am not the last one to join everyone in café but we both are.

As usual all my friends were huddled in that corner table, but one thing that was new was instead of Aarti hogging kanan all to herself, he was talking to everyone at the table, like literally at the same time, and by his gestures he looked way too enthusiastic about whatever he was telling.

I speed walked so that I didn't get left out, but as soon as I reached the table and he noticed me and got quite all of a sudden.

That is something which is also bothering me lately, he can talk to Aarti and even Sameer freely, occasionally to Zaheer, Anita and David but not me, why is that.

"I think that's a great idea "David replied to whatever kanan was saying earlier, everyone else nodded along in affirmation, totally oblivious to the awkwardness between kanan and I.

"Hey Guys what's going on "I finally decided to say something as I took my seat between Anita and Zaheer.

"Oh kanan invited us all to his parents wedding anniversary party next week" Aarti answered in her ever chirpy voice.

I looked at kanan, who was turning red every passing second, he coughed and said" Uhhh I mean I will appreciate if you guys can come, I really don't have friends in my own class except Rahul to invite so uhhh It would be cool if you guys can come "

Uggghhh Rahul.

He was rambling again, and this time I won't deny it that I found it cute.

I chuckled at his nervousness but before I could open my mouth to say anything Aarti said" We are your friends silly and we all will be there, right kanan".

Now everyone was looking at me curiously, specially kanan.