5. The Begining

Would have said a simple 'hi' to almost anyone I've met in my life , but something was not the same . It took me 10 minutes of thinking to reply her . I  never had any friends among girls in my entire school days . Its not something that I'm proud of , but its been the reality . To my surprise she texted "hey you are table 2 right?" . I was shocked that she had noticed . And out of nowhere came a unexplored side of me which insisted me to act cool and to play the role of a cool , carefree , easy going boy . And i listened to this silly version of me and replied " yeah , how do you know ?" . It was the most stupidest thing one could say . Being in same batch and also in same table during dissection there is no way that one couldn't know the other 25 in their table .

She inspite of my silly reply texted me that she saw me during dissection . I acted as if i didnt knew her at all . She too seems to buy my acting . She tried hard to make me remember her face , but i kept my nerves and maintained the lie that i didnt recognise her . Now i planted a seed which made me even sillier . I asked her to say 'hi' when she sees me again . She accepted it and said that tomorrow during physiology practical class she will come and speak .

A very silly move it is , but it laid a platform with which we bonded very well making lot of memories in our college .

The next day i saw Krithika but didnt make any signs of it . Atlast physiology practicals came . It was 2pm to 4pm class straight after lunch . We were asked to prick ourselves to collect blood sample . We used stencil to prick . One of my batchmate Gokul fainted on seeing his own blood . It was a black moment for entire boys . Even staffs had a laugh at him . It is not a easy job to prick ourself . I made many hesitational pricks before finally seeing a drop of blood . The end result made my finger look so red and wounded . By the end of the class we all were so happy to leave the place and i started packing my stuffs . Suddenly I heard a gentle , unique and soft voice calling my name . I turned back and saw Krithika standing before me . I was palpitating . I tried to say hi but my throat didnt help , so I cleared my throat and said in a crazy zombie voice Hi .

Krithika said "Now you wont forget right? Anyway I'm Krithika" . As she said so ,  I could never forget that monent . For the first time in my life I'm being a friend of a girl . I gave a smile and blushed a little . As her friends arrieved she quickly left the scene . I was having a strange feeling within myself and also very much happy .

On reaching to my room i quickly opened FB and texted her . As she was not online I started hearing songs . Hari came to room with a sad face . I asked him "what happened? " . At first he resisted , but on asking repeatedly he opened up . He said that his girlfirend is going to be engaged with someone else . Shiv entered the scene and started consoling him . This was so shocking to me . I never thought that Hari of all in the world would be committed.  His way of speaking his looks doesnt even score one mark on the list of things girls expect from their life partner .  And I was also trying to control my laugher . Its strange why it seems funny to me . I tried to control my laugher and went to Hari and said "dont worry we are there for you " . I excused myself from that scene because i couldnt control my laugher . I feel bad about this , but still my laugh couldnt be controlled . May be I'm having a good humour sense .