28 . 1 or 2?

The exams had begun and it was our second exam being anatomy paper two . Since paper one was an average one we were quite positive on paper two . It was almost 9:30 am and the invigilators were ready with the question paper . Every one were shocked on receiving the question paper and there was already a huge fuzz in the exam hall . After praying for few seconds I too had a look at the question paper and I was shocked too . Every question were from paper one syllabus . Now in medical field everyone says that anything can be asked in exam and we must be ready for it . But it didnt made any sense as the University had informed a different syllabus earlier for paper two .

Our head of examiner Dr.Aruna was quick to react to the situation and asked us to continue writing the answers till we get any official information . Now most of the people started writing , but I didnt knew a single answer for the questions asked . They had asked all the questions which I was not confident of . I was so sure that I wouldnt pass . With no hope I began to look around , and I noticed most of them writing the answers eagerly .

About fifteen minutes later Dr. Aruna came to the hall and said "Students please stop writing . There was a mistake in your  question paper selection . You'll be getting a new question paper soon and the exam will start afresh sharp by 10am and will continue for three hours " . I was the happiest man alive at that moment on hearing this . It doesnt mean that I'm sure of passing paper two syllabus , but it gives a hope and also prevents me from sure failure . The new question paper contained about 70% of average questions and I was sure of passing the exam . I was happy throughout the exam and this positive vibe made me remember well .

After the exam I went straight to mess and had some rasam with rice . In the mess one of the senior was so pissed that he didnt mark the question number for some two mark questions . Now it triggered a flash memory of the exam hall and like a movie it was highlighting how I didnt write the question number for my long answers . I was stunned and was speechless . I paused the life , having food in my mouth and not chewing it . Soundhar who was near me asked "Hey whats the matter?" . It took some time for me to process what Soundhar asked then I explained him everything . Soundhar didnt react much and said "You would have written the number , dont worry . Even if you didnt write , it wont be a matter as a question number cant judge a doctor " . Soon an argument started and the entire mess was divided on the seriousness of the question number in no time . One among the crowd stated how his cousin  failed by one mark for not writing the question number . On hearing this I was totally down , so I rushed to my room . I was replaying the events in exam hall so as to get any possible memory about the question number , but I couldnt .

I didnt know what to do , so I just sat on my bed lifeless . I was sure that if that long question is not taken for evaluation , I'll fail . After praying to all gods and bringing some confidence from within I came to normal mood . I just said to myself that I must focus on my remaining exams . So I decided to take a small nap and go about my preparations.  Just about to enter my dream mode , I heard some foot steps approaching my room . I opened  my eyes about 2mm and stared towards the door . " Ponaal pogattum podaa , indha boomiyil nilayai vaazhnthavar yaarada " sung Hari as he entered the room . Till now I dont know whether he did it intentionally or not . As usual.he came towards me and asked " Honours ah?" . I just gave him a look and turned around .

I just said to myself that 'however full the river may flow,  the dog just drinks water by licking ' and closed my eyes to take a nap .