29. The Practicals

Theory was relatively easy , where most were positive about getting distinctions . In medical field one could pass theory with very minimal effort , but practicals is the one which makes the difference. As said my anatomy practicals went so close . Infact at many instances I thought I didnt make it , only to be helped by our HOD . It was my last practical that too being physiology.  It was a relatively easy one so I went without much panic. 

To my bad , the externals changed on that day and we learned from our professors that one of the 3 external is a mad evil one . He has a habit of failing atleast 50% of the students . On hearing this everyone in our batch panicked . I was first sent to do practicals . I was asked to demonstrate knee reflex . Now in a medico's life knee relfex is done as everyday routine . I did it well too . But that psychopath didnt accept and began to scold me . He infact yelled at everyone who went to him . It gave me some satisfaction as I had company even if I fail .

Then in afternoon I went for viva.  I was the tenth person to enter so was waiting for my turn . Meanwhile I saw students coming out crying . Even one of the topper was crying.  Now I confirmed I'll fail even before entering . My turn came and I sat before him . He shouted" whats your number ?" . After saying my number he wrote something against the mark column without even asking me any question . Then he looked at me and asked "Whats the function of appendix?" . I answered "its an vestigeal organ , so it has no function " . He again looked at me and asked me to go . I was like 'what!!!' , thats it??? And gave a confusing look . He then looked at me and said "Hey just go"  . I left the hall in a confused manner whether I did so bad or so good . Probably  not the later .

On my way out I still saw that topper crying . On seeing this I rushed to my room . Shiv didnt have any practicals today and he was preparing for physiology tomorrow . I said him the entire scene and he also started to panic . So we both decided to check the answer for the question . Shiv took his AK JAIN which was a bible for average students and began to search for answers .

In about 5 mins he gave me a astonishing look . It was very difficult to explain the look he gave . It was a surprise with a happiness but dumb at the same time . I asked him  "what!" . He replied "you're pass " . I just jumped on joy on hearing this , though the results will be declarrd only after one month  . It gave me a positive vibe and a very big vibe too . I checkes it myself to ne extra sure . Its a nice feeling to know you had done well that too in a difficult exam . But I was still wondering why he asked me only one question .

I was so tired by this time and decided to take a nap . Well it was my last day on college for a long time .