25 . Sundara Pandian

With just 2 days for our summer vacation , we were forced to complete our records and get our no-due signed . I was one of the very few to get it signed early , so I was just relaxing . By relaxing , I meant interfering in others life . I was mocking Shiv , by continuously imitating the way he talks to his girlfiriend . He was so pissed but it was not too far to not make him smile . Everyone were running errands and the lecture hall was so loud like an theatre .

Suddenly there was a huge giggle in one corner of the hall and it was soon followed by a chant 'Sundara Pandian' repeatedly .  Bisecting the group came small little Santhosh and he was so mad . He quickly fled the hall and went to hostel . Sid was among those group whk giggled . So we called him to enquire what happened.  Sid came laughing and it took him a while before starting to explain . Actually Santhosh was an average looking fellow short and dark . He was not an heartthrob but still he went behind one of the beautiful girl in our batch . Now Santhosh's bestfriend is Rajan who was helping him with his interest on Sumitha . The entire college knew that Santhosh is busy chasing Sumitha and we also knew that Sumitha hated him . It was so much fun to watch him chase her and make attempts to impress her .

As our summer vacation were to begin Santhosh made an bold attempt to propose Sumitha . So he asked Rajan to be by his side and he propsed Sumitha . A slap to the face , a formal complaint or even an attack by Sumitha's parents would be predicted . But was followed was totally unexpected.  Sumitha just said "Santhosh stop following me I dont like you . Infact Im already in love with someone else" . More than being rejected seeing someone in the place which he dreamt of  made Santhosh angry . So he forced her to reveal the name of the person she loves .

"Its Rajan" said Sumitha after a heated conversation  . Everyone was shocked . Santhosh was speechless . He gave Rajan a look which resembles the look given by Ceaser to Brute saying "Yet tu Brute" . To Santhosh it might have been his worst day , but on hearing this it was our reason to enjoy in the hostel tonight . It was like having an extra special comedy scene in an full length comedy film .

Actually Sumitha and Rajan were distant relatives.  They knew each other from childhood . So the decision made by Sumitha made sense . And Rajan after sometime accepted her proposal and it was a happy scenerio were we all  enjoyed .

This was so similar to the film 'Sundara Pandian' where Sasi Kumar while helping his friend's love , end up being committed to the same girl  his friend loves. We laughed for long talking about the incident . And finally the day was over and as most of us were busy laughing , they couldnt complete the records .

As soon as reaching the room , I took my mobile and headset and set for a walk . I brought a biscuit packet and immediately out of nowhere Jagan came wagging his tail , so I decided to sit down and started sharing biscuits with him . My phone gave a notification tone and it was Pooja . I couldnt recognize her at first , but then on checking her profile I remember her as a first year medico from near by University.  Moreover as she is from my city I got that natural connect .

On opening the message it read "Hey hi , I need a favour from you . Can you help me?"