19. A long day Part-1

It was mandatory for us to do seminar in our first year and this week we have biochemistry seminar . Our professor cum boys hostel warden Dr. Vishal told us to assemble by 2pm in lecture hall for discussion regarding seminar . So everyone had their lunch early and reached by time .

Dr.Vishal came and informed us the topics for seminar . He then asked us to volunteer our name for seminar . As expected no one was interested . Then came the serious talk . He told us that he will handpick the persons for seminar himslef if we fail to volunteer . So around 4 students volunteered for seminar . I thought to myself why the hell these four didnt volunteer before , its as if they need us to beg them for such things . Anyway we still short by one member for seminar . Dr.Vishal lost his cool and began to look for the person to sacrifice for the ritual called seminar . And our heads started to hide in all the way it can .

He started looking towards me . At that point of time all I wanted in life is for not to be picked . I was literally praying all gods and forces one could imagine . I had such a concentration towards his every move inch by inch . I also began to calculate what are the probability of being picked if he raises right hand and left hand retrospectively . To my fate he pointed towards me . I could literally see his hand move in slowmotion . Such a scary moment . He then said "Hey you . Get up ". So I slowly got up from my place . Then he said "not you man , the one behind you". I was so happy and slowly turned back to see who was the bait . It was none other than Jagannath. He was drooling when sir called him . He didnt know what was going on . Indira was sitting beside him so she told Jagannath to stand up . Then he slowly stood and just nodded his head . Then sir started to give pep talk about how he used to be focussed during his college days . Believe me it was a usual talk like most give .

After the class , Jagannath came towards me and asked what did sir say . I gave a cunning smile and then informed him about the seminar and the topics he was given. He just gave a reaction 'oh' and went about his business . I for an instance thought that I was over dramatic about the seminar .' Afterall it was just a seminar' I said to myself. Two of my friends also volunteered . Harish and Indira it was . The seminar students were asked to meet Dr.Vishal in his house aftwr tea break  . So Harish got Indira's number for seminar purppse . By evening 4:15 pm Harish went to Dr.Vishal's house for seminar details .

Meanwhile myself and Shiv decided to make this saturday night very special . We decided to test 'The Quija Board' . I had a little idea about the game by watching movies . So to gain more info , we browsed the net . Now we started to add members to the quija squad . Hari readily refused to participate as he is scared to hell by evening saying the word ghost . So naturally for us Hari was the first pick . After an hour we got a team for ourselves . We planned to start it by 11:45pm to have am extra effect . Elaiarasan opted out as he had other plans . We too left him as he was not good with people we were close to .

Harish came back after the seminar discussion to my room . He sat besides me and said he wanna confess something . I was so thrilled and accepted to hear him out . Meanwhile Shiv removed one of his headset and began to hear it out without Harish's knowledge . I could see what Shiv was doing but I kept quiet . Harish with a very embarrassing face began to explain . As Indira was also in the seminar , he called her so that all five people could go together . It was so ordinary to hear first , but he then added more . The number which she gave was her father's number and not her's . As Harish called the number her dad took the call and began to question like 'who gave you the number? ' , ' who are you? ' , ' how do you know my daughter ?' , ' why are you going to Dr.Vihal's house ?' Etc . Immediately Shiv jumped from his bed and began to laugh like a witch . I too couldnt control my laugher and joined him . Harish with a dumb face looked lifeless as he knows that he will be teased so badly and will also be the talk for somedays . I for sometime controlled my laugher and told him that this matter will be within us three . But friends what happened was totally opposite . Later I aksed him to join the quija squad tonight,  but as expected he refused and went to sleep .