14. Terrible but Escape

It's Freshers party tomorrow . I have somehow completed my short film . All the crew members were so thrilled to actually watch the movie . Shiv , Gokul , Hari , Soundhar and Harish have already seen the final output . They were all so optimistic about the outcome. But I was not satisfied at all . I felt it's a terrible piece of work . It was so immature , no continuity, no camera works at all and the re-rerecording was worst of all . The first rule in film making is always keep people with more idea about the field around you.

Abhinav called me and asked to show the short film preview . As told he came by 9pm to our room . He was so busy with his phone texting and calling someone constantly , may be Fresher's work lol . Anyway as I started the movie he kept his phone down and watched it with interest . It was so satisfying that he is watching eagerly . Within  5 mins or so he got a call and so he paused the video and went out . I was so angry as it was like insulting me . Meanwhile Gautham came and said that tomorrow my short film will be projected before lunch which comes around 2pm . I was more tensed on hearing this . It was like waiting for results after exam  . Abhinav came back after 30 mins and he asked sorry and immediately  continued to watch from where he left . It was so kind of him to ask sorry being a senior . But to make me even frustrated he got a call again , but this time he said me to carry on and will watch it in screem tomorrow . It was like being lost in a dark room , it doesnt make any difference even when we close the eyes , as eventually we will trip and fall down .

Hari and Shiv were in a drama so they didnt return to room even by 11pm . It was actually good to be alone at such times . So I switched off the lights and sat on my bed listening to songs . It was not long before I fell asleep .

The next day as usual i woke up early , but this time I saw many people getting ready even before me . Even Hari was ready before me . To say about Hari he tries his maximum to be attractive by giving his 200% efforts . To his lean body he wears some dress which I remember  wearing in 8th standard . He even wore a sunglass . He looked like a fancy dress kid . Shiv dressed well . Before I started to select my dress , our batch representative came announcing that there is a dress code for us . He said "No one should wear half sleeve , everyone should wear slippers , must raise our pants till knee on one leg , must keep rose in our pocket" . Hari was shattered on hearing this . To be frank even I was so worried . Even without these rules we boys look so funny , for example picture Hari . I personally thought that seniors wasted their efforts on our dress code , we would have done even better job without these codes .

By 10 am entire Zetsa assembled before dean's office for an group photo . Once we are done with pictures our seniors came and took us to the lecture hall just like a goat or cow being taken to the farms. They wore traditional veshti and sarees .  Wow they looked so awesome to be honest . They were trending among our batch girls . Anyway our seniors were ready to unleash their full powers on us as it was legal to be ragged or even we can say it is a rule to be ragged on fresher's day . We were allotted seats in our lecture hall . And the party begins.

At first there were some formalities of prayer and speech by faculites . Our faculties  left immediately within 20mins of the event handing us over to our seniors . It was giving a flower to monkey . The first drama was a double meaning role play about quacks amongst us . Everyone enjoyed it . Then came some mime followed by dance solo . Now seniors went to stage and hand picked some and made them do some dare . One of our batchmate was made to piss like a dog among girls. Even worse they used for their personal hatred as one boy was asked to go and propose a senior girl who happened to be a ex of our fellow senior.  I laughed watching it before realising I still have a short film to project . Gautham came towards me and told that my short film may take some time to be projected as we are going behind schedule . I was shocked on hearing this and asked "when approximately sir?" . He replied "4pm" and went . Oh my god . I quickly realised I'm in a deep trouble  because I have a train to catch  by 4:45 pm . I was too scared to inform my seniors. Luckily Abhinav was near me and I told him my situation. He told me to cancel the train or book the next train . He seemed logic but the problem is I am taking a train to Trivandrum to join my family for a tour. I couldn't miss that train . After pleading him he then took me to Gautham . It was bad time for me as Henry was also there . I was damn sure it was leading to a big situation . Gautham with a rough tone said that I cant leave before projecting my shortfilm and also  said that they have spent around ten thousand for projecting our shortfilm . Guys it was true they spent huge amount by making a screen to just project my short film . I again with a very pity face asked for excuse and told them in place of me Gokul will take all the resposnibility . Henry readily denied . Now Abhinav came to my support amd told Henry "He cant hide anywhere , after vacation anyhow he needs to come to us machi so lets leave him now " . Gautham now agreed to leave me by 4pm . Gautham asked "Did the shortfilm came good?". I with a cunning smile replied "Sir I guarantee that you would have never seen such a short film before ".  Gautham nodded his head before turning his attention towards the stage where our batch girls were dancing. 

I went to Gokul and told him everything . He gave me a look which quotes 'Why me?' . He was shivering in fear as he didnt see this coming at all . I told Shiv to record the response while projecting our short film . I looked at Shiv and Gokul and gave them a cunning goodbye before i left or to be more accurate before I escaped .