10. Trap

"Hey hi , its me Krithika " . I kept the kool and said "hey hi , watsup" . She then said that she needed info about the work which out physiology tutor gave us . I said her the details and slowly started to talk informally . I asked her "So did you have your dinner?" . She replied "Yes" . Before I could build my talk further , she said that her warden is on rounds and will talk later . I was a bit disappointed and ironically the power went off . It was a perfect  comedy scene . I switched on my mobile torch light and as usual Shiv was flirting , Hari was watching some videos in my laptop and Elai sleeping . So I went about my business listening to songs . I was listening  MJ's ' They dont really care about us '. Wow what a song it is .

It took 30mins before power  come back . I was so releived as I soaked my clothes to wash which includes my apron too . All of a sudden there was noise outside and can hear  a voice saying "Everyone assemble out in 5 mins". It was our seniors calling us out for a meeting .

Our senior Gautham said "We are gonna have our freshers for you juniors on December 14th , everyone must participate  . Anyone who fails to perform will be punished severley " . It looked like an order . They were terrorizing us . After a brief talk Gautham went and many seniors left to their room while some stayed back to help us to sort what to perform . There was already 3 groups for drama , 2 solo singing 1 group singing,  1 mime , 2 dance , 2 stand up comedy shows . Well I am not good at any of the above . There were about 5 of us left discovering what to do . I casually said Shiv "Lets better make a short film" . We all laughed at the comment.  A senior named Abhinav saw us laughing and came towards us asking "Why were you laughing" .  As far as I know he is  comparatively good person among all seniors .  So I replied him "Nothing sir " . Then he asked what have you people decided to do for freshers . I kept numb while Soundhar already grieving  over his specs blabbered "We are gonna make short film"  . I was in much fear now . Abhinav then asked "Short film!!! Thats good and who is the director ?" . This time the entire crowd around me started starring at me . I was so cornered . Abhinav said "Wow Hameshwar ,  have you taken any short films before?" I said 'Yes' and gave  a very unhappy look . Now Abhinav called his friends and told them that I'm gonna make a short film for freshers .  Now this time the entire boys hostel looked at me . Within minutes I was the topic of the night . Yes obviously I did a short film before , but its not even worth a average one . I was so pissed and tensed as there was only 10 days time for freshers .

Now some boys who are shy to do onstage performance came towards me and asked whether they could join me in short film . What am I to say , it's like more passengers are getting onboard in a sinking ship.  Atleast I've got a good company . A stick like figure wearing specs approached me and asked "Hey I could help with script work da" . It was Gokul a true and best friend of me in my college over course id time . There was something interesting about him so I readily said 'ok' .

Within 5 mins there were around 15 boys interested to be a part of the film . I was happy and scraed at the same time . So I said eveyone interested in short film to meet me after college to discuss . I went to room and sat on my bed without any hopes . And my mobile gave a notification sound .It was  Krithika who sent me a message which  read  'Hey heard you are directing a short film , all the best  '. I lied on my bed,  rolled myself in my blanket and closed my eyes and hope all of it was just a bad dream .  Then I continued listening to  'They dont really care about us' .