3~Just you wait

Stiles ran as fast as his legs would let him up the stairs of his house, throwing a basket that was at the top down at his parents, causing them to slip and fall all the way back down. He ran to his room and locked the door and backed up into one of the corners, he gasped as the sound of banging struck his door. Stiles looked around to see if he could find anything when he remembered something, he ran over to his closet and took out his aluminium baseball bat and gripped onto it tight. He could hear the hinges in his door giving up with how much force his parents-if you could even call them that anymore-was banging on the door.

All of a sudden the banging stopped and Stiles began to think what was happening behind that closed door. He prepared him self and made sure he had a good grip on the bat as walked towards his door, he held out his right hand and took hold of the handle, he slowly turned it and the door squeaked open. What appeared in front of him was shocking, and the reason for that was that it was nothing, all that was there was a wall and a table with pictures that hung to the wall.

He stepped out into the hallway, cautious of where he stepped, just in case he stepped on the creaky floorboards that got him caught in the past when trying to sneak out. And just like the time he tried to sneak out the floorboards failed him, and one squeaked as he rested his foot there. Stiles had no time to react before his parents came from both ends of the hallways and ran towards him and his dad tackled him to the ground, Stiles tried pushing him off but his mum held his arms down above his head.

Out of nowhere Stiles heard a loud bang and something was splattered all over his face, some of it got in his mouth and he felt like throwing up. There was also a large weight on his chest and as he looked to see he saw that it was his dad, completely motionless, he couldn't even feel his heartbeat that he should be able to against his chest. He looked to his side as he came face to face with the back of his mum's head, and he began to feel something soaking into his shirt. He slid from underneath his father and backed away as he slid on the floor.

"There's two up here" a man's voice yelled, Stiles didn't need to look to know that it was close to him, but when he spoke up again it seemed to be a lot closer "Hey kid, I gotta get you outta here" he said as he looped one of his arms around Stiles' biceps to pick him up, which he did.

"My parents" Stiles said as the man began to drag him away

"They were no longer your parents" some other mans voice was heard

Stiles finally looked up but soon regretted it when he saw what was in front of him and began to remember what happened before he ran up the stairs

"Stiles ruuuuun!!!!" Scott yelled as his own mother tackled him to the ground as she started clawing into him "AGGGHHHHH" was all Stiles could hear as he ran for the stairs

And he came back to reality as he sunk to the ground beside his best friends limp body, his eyes were open so Stiles slid his hand over them and made sure they were shut. His body was covered in blood, deep wounds engulfed his whole chest. But the bullet wound in his forehead was not Melissa; "He was changing"

"What?" Stiles croaked out, the man behind Stiles nodded his head towards the door, gesturing for his team to give him a second

"I saw what you were looking at, the bullet wound" the man confirmed "He was turning into one of them"

"DEREEEEEK!!" a man from outside yelled, the man in front of him instantly turned at the name, guess that's his name

"We gotta go, it ain't safe here" Derek said as he grabbed Stiles' arm and pulled him out towards a truck outside, he climbed into the back where there were many other kids his age who had the same confused expression as he did "Stay here" he said as he jamp out the truck

"Wait Derek" Stiles said being flung back as the truck moved forward "No, no ,no" he muttered to himself, he opened the flaps on the back of the truck to see Derek in the distance fighting of many people, a combination of shooting them or hitting them with the back of his gun if they got close

Before Stiles knew it he was picking up a knife that was in a box and he was out of the truck running towards Derek, it was like he wasn't in control of his legs. He saw someone coming out of a house and making it's way towards Derek, but as Derek was facing the other way he couldn't see, Stiles couldn't help but shouting his name over and over, but there was no point anymore, he couldn't hear. Stiles picked up his pace and got there just in time, the woman was a few inches away from Derek before Stiles grabbed her by the shoulder and threw her to the ground. Derek turned around as he felt something touch his foot, he looked up to find Stiles.

"I thought I told you to stay in the truck" Derek spat

"I wasn't gonna let you die, WATCH OUT!!!" Stiles yelled nudging Derek and stabbing a man that was inching towards them "Now I'm not sure what's happening but I'm pretty sure that were not gonna live that long to find out if we stay out here"

"Come with me" Derek said running towards a house, a smashed a window of a black Camaro and hoped inside opening the passenger door from inside. He took the knife that Stiles had in his hand and cut some wires and began to flick them together until the car revved. "Grew up in a shady neighbourhood" he said when he saw the look Stiles was giving him

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where the hell did you go?" a girl said hugging Derek as they entered some sort of an abandoned warehouse

"I'm fine Cora" Derek told the girl "I wouldn't have been though if this idiot listened", Stiles smiled at the girl and she nodded at him, her way of saying 'thank you' Stiles was guessing.

"Good because a lot of people here are confused and need an explanation"

"How am I supposed to do that if I don't even know myself" Derek exclaimed

"Make something up?" Stiles suggested which Derek shortly went and did, all he said was that he didn't know what was going on, or why, and that until they know everyone will go with a pair, no one goes anywhere until it's safe. "So I guess you and I are paired up" Stiles said as Derek came back

"Says who?"

"Says me of course" Stiles said it like it was the most obvious answer in the world "We've already proven that we've got each others backs, so why not" Derek tried to keep in his smile but failed miserably and walked off, Stiles hot on his trail as he said the sentence;

"Just you wait, we're gonna be great together"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Published~March 3, 2019