24~Do You Get It?

"Hey Stiles...you here?" Derek called out for the boy, when he didn't receive an answer he proceeded to head up the stairs.

He made it to the end of the hallway, guessing that Stiles it most likely in his room. Researching perhaps? The door was closed, which it normally isn't. He opened the door and was surprised by what he saw.

Stiles was laying back on the bed, and some girl on top of him, and they were making out. Stiles' shirt was thrown on the floor, and the girl no longer had hers on either. Derek coughed making his arrival clear to them.

"Derek!" Stiles exclaimed pushing the girl off of him, and onto the bed.

"So this is what you do in your spare time?" Derek asked crossing his arms, whilst Stiles scrambled to find his shirt, and the girls. He threw a white blouse to the girl, and pulled a red shirt over his head.

"What are you doing here?" he asked Derek, obviously embarrassed by what had just happened.

"Oh me? Ok...I just came to chat about a very important matter that's taking place in a few hours" Derek said as he checked the imaginary watch on his wrist "But you seem busy with...oh I'm sorry I didn't catch your name"

"Oh um...I'm-" the girl said awkwardly as she got off the bed, and stood beside Stiles, flattening down her hair.

"You look like an Amanda, or a Heather  perhaps...Oh Stiles likes his brunettes" Derek said saltily.

"No...um my names Amelia" the girl introduced herself, with an unsure laugh.

"You've dated an Amelia before right Stiles...a couple hours after dumping her sister" Derek threw out that little fact, hoping this Amelia girl would just leave.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" the younger boy exclaimed, wanting Derek to shut up.

"I'm just informing this Amelia about your fun nightly habits" Derek explained, and crossed the room to sit in Stiles' desk chair.

"Yeah well I don't appreciate it" Stiles made his point clear, grabbing the book Derek just picked up from him "What I would appreciate is for you to leave, so Amelia and I can get back to-"

"I'm sorry Stiles but there's no longer an us" Amelia cut him off picking up a black purse off the floor "From what I have heard...I'm just one of your daily hookups" she was about to leave the room but then turned back "I really do hope you find someone your willing to change for...you seemed like a nice guy when we met"

"Bye..." Derek waved her off, a smile on his lips that was clear as day.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Stiles exclaimed at him, wiping the smile off Derek's face instantly, his door being slammed shut by him.

"What do you mean?" Derek stood up from the chair, acting completely oblivious.

"Four years" Stiles yelled "I've known you for four years and you've never liked any girlfriends or boyfriends I've had. You've treated every single one of them like shit and I'm tired of it"

"Stiles listen-" Derek tried speaking only to be cut off by Stiles.

"No I don't want to hear your excuses, I want to know why you're such an asshole to anyone I get close with. What is it Derek? Did I piss you off? Do you not like seeing me happy?" Stiles began listing the possibility's it could be.

"Maybe it's because I'm in love with you and it fucking kills me to see you with other people" Derek blurted out.

"What? What did you just say?"

"I love you" Derek said "And I hate the fact that they get to have you and I don't" his voice was now full of desperation "Do you get it now?"

"Uh, yeah, I get it" Stiles said quietly. A subtle smile found its way onto Stiles' face, he had a look on his face that he wanted to do something, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

"You're smiling" Derek stated, taking a step towards Stiles.

"I slept with all those people to cover the fact that I was in love with you" Stiles also took a step closer towards Derek.

"So, all this time we could have been together, but we were too scared to man up" Derek pointed out, as they both found amusement in the whole situation.

"Will you kiss me, like now please" Stiles begged, he just couldn't wait anymore

"I've waited so long for you to say that" Derek didn't waste any more time, as he leaned forward, capturing the younger boys lips with his own. The need for air was the only reason they separated, as they looked at one another and smiled brightly.

"We should have done that a long time ago"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Published~ March 26, 2021