12~Different Lifetimes

"Stiles you can't do this" Deaton said following the young boy into the back room, trying his best to convince Stiles not to go ahead with his plan.

"You said I was powerful enough?" Stiles turned around, accusation in his voice.

"You are" Deaton told him, but being powerful wasn't a factor in why Stiles shouldn't do this "But you need to understand, it's hard to change the past and the consequences that may come from that...you may not like them"

"I don't care" Stiles said getting frustrated with the Deaton.

"We don't know what will happen, lots of things happened throughout the years that connect to that moment in time, lots of things are linked to that specific moment"

"I don't care!!" he exclaimed even louder this time, it's like no matter what Deaton was saying, Stiles did not care.

"Perhaps Scott won't be a werewolf anymore-" Deaton began but was cut off by Stiles.

"It's not like he wanted to be one anyway...so no problem" Stiles always had an answer to everything, no matter what the outcome would be.

"Lydia could not be a banshee anymore" Deaton tried his hardest to get through to Stiles, but it didn't seem to be working.

"She didn't want it either" yeah being a banshee was in her family line, but knowing about the supernatural is what brought that side out of the girl "Are you trying to change my mind or to convince me more more?" as Deaton was about to speak again Stiles cut him off once again "Listen I have to do this, if there is a chance to save them I have to try" because when it comes to his friends and family he would risk it all.

"What about Derek?" Deaton asked softly, it was his last hope of trying to get through to the boy.

"I'm doing this for him Doc"

"You and Derek met because Scott was bitten, Scott was bitten because Peter wanted revenge for the fire" Deaton lead Stiles through the moments in time that linked Stiles to this very moment "If you prevent the fire in the first place, you and Derek may never meet-"

"And he might never fall in love with me, I know" it hurt Stiles to think about Derek and him not being together, it pained him when he said it "But I know what I'm risking and I'm willing to so it if it means Derek won't have to see his family die, if it means he won't feel guilty ever again and he will have his family back"

"There is one more thing" Stiles shook his head and scoffed, 'of course there is' he mumbled under his breath, there's always something else "If you succeed, if you save the Hales, id doesn't matter what changes throughout the years, you'll remember everything Stiles. You'll be the only one remembering"

"Uhhh...ok" Stiles dragged a hand down his face and began to walk out the room.

"Where are you going? I thought you wanted to cast the spell" he asked confused by Stiles' exit.

"I need to hear him say it just one last time, I'll be back soon, set everything ready" and just like that he was gone.
<~>~<~>
Stiles entered the loft and yelled out for Derek "Hey baby, I thought you would have been with Deaton the whole day training" Derek said with a smile on his face, making his way down the stairs and over to his boyfriend.

"Yeah, yeah" Stiles said slowly letting his body get as comfortable as it could when Derek's arms tangled around his waist "I'm just taking a quick break, I needed to see you and tell you something" he rested his hands on Derek's chest and looked down slowly trying to keep himself calm, and not get upset.

"Stiles is everything alright? You sound weird" Derek could always sense when something was wrong with Stiles, that's one of the things he loved about the man.