i

yoongi sucked in a long breath, looking at his sunken, pale face in the mirror. nowadays, he could barely tell himself from the dead bodies in the shelves. a small part of him wanted to just go home, but, he couldn't. his uncle would find him and drag him right on back.

yes, yoongi is a mortician. not by choice, that is. his uncle owns his own business so yoongi, being left to him after his parents passed, was forced to work alongside.

the young boy shook his head slowly and turned back to the door. another day of playing with human remians. how fun. a chuckle appeared at the top of his throat, making a slight appearance. you'd have had to been right next to him to hear it.

"yoongi, wake up." his uncle snapped two fingers in front of his eyes. yoongi blinked a few times and looked up.

"i've been awake, kyung." he huffed and walked to his side of the table. being a mortician isn't exactly exciting work. it's the same thing every. single. day. he wakes up at six, puts on his uniform, and doesn't return home until around nine p.m. it's a bit of a daunting repetition.

but, he does have days off. two days a week, that's all he gets. but, he doesn't take them for granted. he sleeps in, lays around, maybe goes to meet with his few friends. he just tries to enjoy what little freedom he really has. luckily for yoongi, tomorrow was one of those days. his foot tapped anxiously just thinking about the next two days of relaxation.

but, again, he was snapped back to reality before his mind could stray too far into the good times.

"we've got a man coming in at about five-thirty. i'm taking my break now. you can handle it on your own, can't you?" the man's voice was deep and taunting, almost mocking yoongi in a way. kyung likes to believe that yoongi is just lazy at what he does- not lacking in interest or desire to do what is expected of him. but, what does yoongi care? as long as he gets a paycheck every month, he's fine with whatever his uncle wants to think of him.

yoongi nodded boredly and watched his uncle leave the back room. he let out a long sigh and sunk into the office chair.