xi

yoongi rubbed his eyes and leaned back against the car seat. his head was pounding. jimin ruffled his hair, noticing the boy was in pain.

"i'm sorry, honey. you can go to sleep now. i'm just going to drive until i can't anymore."

"it's okay, jim. wake me up if you want me to drive." yoongi muttered and glanced at the clock that read 2:36am.

"i will- just get some good sleep, okay, baby?" jimin smiled softly and yoongi's heart fluttered. jimin softly kissed the side of his head after they came to a stop light.

"i'll try." yoongi softly smiled in return and grabbed one of the many pillows from the back, settling it between uis head and the window.

they were really doing this.

they left.

without telling anyone.

but, yoongi knows he needs to tell namjoon. he just can't disappear and know that his best friends are out there, thinking he's dead or something. especially his niece, anahae, hoseok's daughter.

yoongi soon found himself driving back to sleep, being lulled in by the static sound of the heaters blowing and wheels on the asphalt.

______

"yoongi-ah?" jimin said quietly, shaking yoongi's arm a bit. the older opened his eyes slightly and looked at jimin.

"hm?"

"are you hungry? i stopped at burger king. we'll drive through, though." jimin brushed his fingers through his hair. the sun was just beginning to come up though the sky was covered in thick, dark clouds.

"um, yeah," yoongi said grogily, "i'll get something small."

"mkay,"

"i'll just get a small number one combo," yoongi nodded along to himself, still feeling half asleep. jimin pulled up to the menu and the person came over the intercom, asking what they'd like. jimin quickly ordered and pulled ahead.