iii

"where the fuck were you?" kyung questioned, glaring at his nephew.

"asleep."

"you were supposed to be at the mortuary early this morning."

"sorry, i forgot." yoongi grumbled, earning himself another slap on the back from his uncle's belt. he winced but didn't make a single sound. he's learned what he should and shouldn't do when he's beat.

"get ready." kyung said and turned his back. yoongi returned to his room, biting his tongue. he shrugged off his shirt and bottoms, throwing on the plain grey uniform.

half of him was filled with anger but the other half told him to diffuse the pain. it's not worth the fight with kyung. he'll probably never get put of here. he has no money, no family. it's just him, kyung, and his two friends who are now busy parents.

yoongi ran his fingers roughly through his black hair and sat down to lace up his shoes.

a single tear slipped down his cheek.

he truly hated his life. he felt trapped. he was never going to leave this place. he has nowhere to go. in this state and place, he will never find anyone who could possibly love him.

who could love a mortician?

well, one person was able to, but he's long gone. yoongi hasn't seen him in months. he just disappeared one day, saying he couldn't 'do this anymore.'

yoongi can only assume he killed himself. as much as the thought of his only love committing suicide pained him, working as a mortician dulls your senses. your senses of sympathy and empathy dull and you stop feeling much pain.

the dark-haired boy stood up and hurried out he door. if he was later than he already was, it would earn him another hit. he wasn't in the mood for that today.

he began the cold walk to his job. it wasn't too far away; maybe a twelve minute walk. his uncle doesn't like to carpool.

yoongi kicked the rocks in his path as he walked along, soon coming to the grey, bland building. he stepped in and grabbed his apron, slowly decending down the creaky wooden stairs.

kyung groaned at yoongi's appearance but made no further acknowledgment.

and so, yoongi got to work, repeating the same, dragging process as he has for the last few years.

-
A/N: Look at this beautiful picture of the 'Crack Locker'. It's at my school and it's top quality art™

 It's at my school and it's top quality art™