The Prom, part 2

"Hey, little girl," I said.

The blonde haired girl looked up at me with big blue eyes. "Yeah?" she said in a shy voice.

"You wanna dance?" I smirked at her, raising my eyebrows.

"O-okay."

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to the middle of the dance floor. She clung to my arms, and I realized how tiny she was. The top of her blonde head only came up to my chest. It made me feel oddly protective...

Maybe I didn't need Julia.

"What's your name?" I asked, looking down into her big eyes. I smirked again. "Or should I just call you babygirl."

She blushed in surprise, trying to look away, but I put my thumb under her chin and guided her face back towards me.

"I'm Maddox," I said, in a low voice. "Remember it."

She blushed harder.

"C'mon, babe. Don't you have anything to say?" I didn't know why I was even doing this, but Julia had left a hole in my heart and I just needed to fill it up, quickly.

Plus, this girl was just too cute not to tease.

Unfortunately, just then the song ended. Damn.

The girl pulled out of my arms. "Uh," she said, shyly.

"What?" I said. Maybe I could bring her back to my place...but no, I couldn't. Not with my mom there...

"Th-thank you," she said, and then she ran off.

I haven't seen Charli since that day.

End of flashback 

Author's Note: Thanks for reading! Please COMMENT and VOTE, I return comments!