The Sick Bed

Blake POV

I had never been so mad in my life. I stormed out of the motel breakfast in blind fury, and I didn't even know where I was going until I got back to my room. It was unlocked, so I stomped in and slammed the door. 

There was a soft cry of surprise and I whipped around. Charli was peeking above the covers, looking hot and feverish. 

Oh, oops. This wasn't my room, it was Maddox's. I tried to calm my seething heart. 

"Hey, Charli," I said, through gritted teeth. "Sorry. Wrong room." 

"It's okay," she said softly. "Could you bring me some water? I'm so thristy..." 

Something in her sweet, helpless voice made my heart soften, and some of my anger drained away. "Don't worry," I said. "I'll take care of you." 

I went to the sink to get her some water. When I brought it back, I watched her drink it and thought about how different she was from Larie. Larie was loud and charming, but kind of fake. Charli was quiet and simple, but there was a beauty about her that I had never seen in any other girl. 

"How are you doing?" I asked. She said she was good, and then we started talking about the trip and how it had been so far. Charli was smarter than I had realized, and throughout the conversation, I found myself more and more interested in what she had to say. 

She was really weak, but the way her skinny arms moved slowly to hold the water cup to her rosy lips and the way her blonde hair looked lying on her pillow somehow made her even prettier. She was honestly lovely...

...oh, crap. Was I falling for Charli?