If you don't have feelings you don't need to read this

A/N: In case you're wondering the reason that Larie was so eager to get rid of Charli is because she doesn't want Clayton to come home and for Charli to tell him all the bad stuff that Larie did. Like lie about Blake kidnapping her. Anyway on with the chapter~

Charli POV

I gave birth to the baby but I hardly knew what was happening. All I could think of was Maddox: I had dreams about him, I kept thinking I saw him standing in my hospital room. 

One day they put the baby in my arms, and I said, "Who's baby is this, why don't you give it back to its mother—my own mother, she must miss me so much—" before the pain of the fever knocked me back into oblivion again. 

Maddox POV 

I was sitting at home alone when my phone rang. I answered it. "Hello?"

"This is the hospital," said a voice. 

"Oh, what?" I said. I wondered if Julia was okay. It sounds bad but I honestly didn't care that much...me and Julia wasn't working out so well, and I was honestly thinking about breaking up with her. 

"We have a young lady here, asking for you," said the voice. "Her name is Charli."

Charli POV

I was lying in the bed, holding what I now knew was my own baby. The doctors said I probably wouldn't live much longer, and I believed them. The pain in my heart was worse than ever. 

I was all alone, with nobody to love me. The boy I loved had left me for another girl. Of course my heart was broken. 

All of a sudden I heard a voice. A familiar voice. 

"Please let me see her!" 

I sat up straight, clutching the baby. Was that—was that—

Maddox entered the room.