The Plan

Blake POV 

LA was working out for me. I'd been playing at bars late at night, and I was making pretty good money. Lots of people told me that I would be famous someday.

My plan with Charli was going well, too. Ever since Larie left me, I had had my eyes on Charli. She was beautiful, sweet, innocent...the whole package. The only problem was Maddox, but he was a minor obstacle. 

I knew he was my best bro, but I was willing to risk that friendship for a girl like Charli. She was one in a million, and after all, Maddox was the one who always said "you can't trust anyone." 

Besides, I really had seen him out with Julia. I knew he wasn't over her, and Charli deserved to know that. Sure, I felt sorry for her when she cried over the picture I showed her, but she wouldn't have to cry anymore once she was with me. 

She didn't need a boy like Maddox. She needed a man. She needed me. 

later 

"Thanks for letting me crash here, dude," said Maddox, entering my apartment looking exhausted. 

"No problem," I said, shutting the door. Maddox had just gotten back from his trip to see that producer, and my apartment was closer than his own, so he was sleeping here for the night. "How was the producer?" 

"He didn't understand my music," said Maddox, getting agitated. 

I rolled my eyes. See Maddox was actually in this for the music. I just wanted girls, money, and fame. Specifically, Charli, money, and fame. 

"How are things going with Julia?" I asked casually, as we sat down in the living room. 

Maddox froze. "What are you talking about?" 

"I saw you with Julia, the night before you left," I said. "Small world, bro." 

Maddox's shoulders tightened. "She won't stop texting me," he said. "She says she wants me back." 

I patted him on the back. Time for phase two of my plan to break up Maddox and Charli so that I could date Charli. "I say go for it, bro."

Maddox stared at me. "What are you talking about, Blake? What about Charli?"

"Oh, c'mon," I said, patting him again. "You don't seriously think you're the only man in Charli's life, do you?" 

Maddox started. "You're not implying that, like, she's being a hoe behind my back, right?" 

"I'm not implying it," I said. "I know it."

Maddox turned white as a sheet. 

"I wasn't going to tell you," I said, "but then I saw that you were rekindling things with Julia and I thought, you know, I don't want some little slut getting between you and Jules." 

"Are you—are you serious?" asked Maddox, through pale lips. 

"Yeah, dude," I said. "She's even tried to make moves on me. I mean, I wouldn't go for that, it's against bro code" (yeah, right) "but look, don't worry about it. I got a Snapchat from Julia today, and she's definitely interested in you. So, like I said, you should go for it." 

Maddox shook my hand off. "I'm going to bed." 

He left the room, and I smirked to myself. 

Next up? Phase three of my plan.