The Letter

Maddox POV

I couldn't kick Charli out of our apartment, because in spite of everything I still loved her. So I bought myself a new apartment and gave Blake some money to bring to Charli.

"I want to make sure the baby is okay," I lied. "I don't care about that cheating slut." 

Blake agreed, but I saw an evil glint in his eye, and deep down I suspected that he was keeping the money for himself. 

Julia kept texting me, and it was beginning to wear on me, so I went out with her once. And then I went out with her again. I knew it was bad for me, but it was like a drug, I needed it to block the pain that Charli had caused me. 

three months later 

I woke up one morning next to Julia thinking about Charli. I had had a dream about her...she looked the way she did back when we used to walk around LA in the middle of the night. 

I missed her. A lot. 

I crawled out of bed and headed into the other room. I lived in Julia's apartment now, and she had a glass table in the kitchen, it looked really pretty with the light hitting it. I sat down and pulled a notebook towards me, and I didn't mean to start writing but I did. 

Dear Charli, 

Look I know that what happened is partly my fault. I shouldn't have made you run away with me. I was the bad boy that every parent warns their daughter about and I turned you into a bad girl. 

I don't have your number, hell I don't even know if you have a cell phone but I wanted to tell you that I'm with somebody else now, but every day I wish she was you. I hope you can go home and be with your family again, where you'll be happy.

Love, Maddox

I closed my eyes and slumped back in my chair. Next time I saw Blake, I would send this letter with some more money for Charli and the kid. 

For now I needed to go back to bed.