Begging

"Larie," I said, once I reached her apartment (which was way more glamorous than anything I had ever imagined). "I need your help, right away." 

Larie was busy trying on a million-dollar outfit for some red carpet event she had later that night. Clayton had hit it big in LA and now he and Larie were, like, B-list celebrities. I guess that just goes to show that nice girls finish last. 

"I'm so sorry," said Larie, in a totally fake voice. "But I can't help everybody. We give money to charity already, isn't that enough?"

"But I'm your best friend!" I said desperately. 

Larie laughed and then looked me in the eye. "Honey I hardly remember you."

My heart sank. Maddox had abandoned me, then Blake had abandoned me, and finally the ultimate betrayal: my best friend was abandoning me. I remembered Maddox's words: You can't trust anybody. 

"Please," I said, "at least let me rest here. I'm sick. If they kick me onto the streets, I'll literally die."

"Oh my god," said Larie. "You're so extra, you're going to give me an anxiety attack. Please leave."

"Where am I supposed to go?"

"Anywhere," said Larie. "Anywhere but here."

On the way out of the apartment, though, I began to feel contractions. "Oh my god," I cried, collapsing in front of the apartment building. The pain was so bad that I literally thought I was dying right then and there, but the contractions just continued happening. 

A man dressed in a suit came out of the apartment and saw me lying there and rushed to me. "Ma'am, are you alright?" 

"Please!" I said, my voice growing weaker. "Please...call an ambulance."

"What's the emergency?" he asked, already pulling out his phone. 

"I think...I think I'm about to have a baby."