The Pizza Place

Charli POV

Today, when me and Larie snuck out, it was right before last period, so it was a lot less suspicious. Our teacher was still sick, so she wouldn't notice, and besides a bunch of kids have early release anyway so they're leaving before last period. 

We were supposed to meet Maddox at this little pizza place near the school. It was the kind of place where a bunch of the popular kids always hung out, so I was nervous to even go there in the first place. 

When we got there, Maddox was already there. I made eye contact with his dark eyes and already felt weak in my knees...oh lord. This boy did things to my heart...bad things. 

"Hello, ladies," said Maddox, smirking at us. Another, equally hot guy stood up from the booth next to him. He had blonde hair spiked over his face and sharp, piercing blue eyes. "Oh, this is just my friend Blake." 

Larie nudged me and giggled, "Hi, Blake." 

When we sat down, I meant to sit next to her, but she sat down next to Blake instead, leaving me to sit on the other side of the booth next to Maddox. By the way that Larie immediately started flirting with Blake, I could tell they liked each other. 

It was easy to tell what kind of guy Blake was. Kind of extra, kind of selfish. Probably not the best guy around, but did Larie care about that? Absolutely not. 

Maddox put his arm around me as Blake and Larie started to flirt. "I really want to see you at least one more time, before I leave for LA," he said. 

I sighed. I remembered all the rumors I'd heard about Maddox in school...sure, he was dangerous, he smoked a lot and he had a lot of tattoos that no one knew the meaning to, but I'd also heard that he was generous and kind...not that most people had ever seen that side of him. 

Anyway, it was obvious that he liked me, a lot...or at least that's how he was acting. It was so hard to believe that a guy like Maddox King could ever be into me. 

"Why did you just sigh?" asked Maddox. "Is it because you're worried about me?" He winked. 

"Maybe a little," I said. "But we can't go out again."

"That's BS," said Maddox. "What if I get famous when I go to LA? Then you can be famous, too."

"No," I said, shaking my head, even though all I could picture was finally getting up on a stage and singing for a crowd, getting applause... "stop! stop talking. We can't!"

"Please, just one more date."

I bit my lip. Who would ever have thought that the bad boy would beg for me? This was crazy.

"No, no," I said. "We can't!"

"Just for half an hour tomorrow, it's my last request."

"I don't know what to say, but we can't!!" 

I tried to pull away, but Maddox wasn't letting me go so easily.

"Let me go," I said. 

"Will you come tomorrow?" he asked.

"Maybe I will," I said.

"Alright," said Maddox, standing up. "Have a good rest of your day, then." He leaned down, and I could smell his cologne, which made my heart flutter. He put his lips right next to my ear and whispered, "I will lie awake thinking about seeing you again."

He kissed my neck, right under my ear. 

I shivered.