12. Meeting 'Them'.

Note: I understand that Fab-5 represented deep understanding and friendship to most of you, and viewing them in another light might be disturbing. But since my stories are an AU for MaNan, I usually don't stick to the show's character sketch, except MaNan of course. But if it hurts anyone of you, I will change the names, just let me know!

Whatever I am writing, I have seen it in real life. Friends can be mean, at times.

I hope, you enjoy the update!

~ Friendship is not just being called 'friends', it includes simultaneous efforts and gestures, standing up for each other and mostly, respecting the emotions~

The following days, Manik was ecstatic, his face showed the happiness he felt in his heart. He had never, even in his best dreams, had ever thought his life would turn up like this, into a living fairytale. But then, the angel had never met him before either.

Sometimes, when you loose all hopes of laughter, and agree only to the smiles, your heart starts to give up too. And in that hopeless moment, if somehow, there is a shower of laughter for you, you are rendered speechless for two seconds before embracing it with four fold happiness. Manik was somewhere on similar lines.

" Nandini yaar", he shouted from the bedroom, and Nandini came running from the kitchen, her anklets making a musical sound.

" What?", She asked, standing by the door, the spatula resting on the door.

" It's not fitting", he huffed at his blazer, while Nandini shook her head at his childish face.

She walked closer, keeping the spatula on the table, and fixed his collars and creases in two minutes, before running a hand down his already set hair to set them better.

" Done?", She laughed, and it made him laugh too.

" Yeah I guess", he blushed, unknowingly, as Nandini walked back to her pending kitchen work.

When and how had he grown so dependent on Nandini, for such petty works, he himself had no idea. Somehow though, he liked the change. He liked being carefree and smiling around her.

He moved out, with his laptop bag, and picked up an apple from the fruit basket.

" Nandini, I will be late", he called out, typing a mail into his phone and was about to walk ahead, when she pulled out his phone from his hand.

" You will be going late too", she put that phone aside, and made him sit on the dining table.

Without letting him speak one word in protest, she dished some pasta in a bowl, and a glass of juice, keeping it in front of him, while herself settling in the chair beside him.

She took a fork and forwarded him a fork full of pasta, as his eyes moved between her and the fork, at which she glared him to open his mouth.

" I don't understand why are you so linieant with food!", Nandini huffed, her face in an irritated contour," when you are a big time foodie otherwise".

Manik could not help but laugh at her, making her angrier.

" What?", She asked, forwarding another fork full.

" You look, cute! I feel like gobbling up you instead", he winked at her, before eating the contents of the fork.

Nandini was frozen at that, the fork hanging mid air.

Did Manik Malhotra, really wink at her?

A blush started to creep up her cheeks, the anger now forgotten, as she immediately lowered her eyes, concentrating on food. Sometimes, which were rare usually, he literally took her by surprise.