60. Happy Endings

Final note: As most of you know, and for those who don't, this is the last chapter for this book.
Aug 2018 to Sept 2020, two years, and love so much I can't possibly fathom, or express my gratitude for - every one of you who read this book, voted or commented, have made me smile on unexpected days, and I can't find words decent enough to speak how much of it all have meant to me.
A sincere Thank you, from me to You.

This update is dedicated to i_aleema and was supposed to be updated on her birthday, three days ago, but I couldn't, but here is wishing her a belated, but very happy birthday ❤️ She is one of the sweetest person I know, and I would love if you guys too can take a moment to wish her.

I will now let you read in peace, but be alert enough to read another note in the end of this chapter! Thank you ❤️

~ I face when I close my eyes
I see a glimpse of your own paradise
You came from heaven above
I'm lost in your love
Free as the wind
You give me wings to fly
I feel I could stay
In love forever and a day~

Ten months later :

Abhik huffed and sat down on the newly purchased six seater couch, which technically was still wrapped in polythene, extremely tired. Anushree who was standing near the window started giggling looking at the exhausted form of her husband.

"That's it? That was all?", she teased, walking around filling a glass of water for him and passing it to him. Abhik pouted before gulping down the entire glass, and then looked at his wife.

"You didn't tell me setting a new house is this difficult, and tiring!", he threw his hands in the air and complained, but it didn't melt Anushree a bit.

"You didn't ask, FYI. And please, we chose all the furniture online, Manik got this delivered, Nandini has already settled most things in place, and all we have to do is set the drawing room finely for the Pooja- you can't do even that. Why did I marry you, again?", Anushree rambled, clearing the boxes out of the way. Abhik looked at his wife, and gave his best innocent puppy dog eyes, making her laugh.

"Go dump these in our bedroom, we will arrange these later. And that stock goes in Nandini's bedroom, okay? Clear this out, so that I can began decorating for the pooja. We have just few hours in hand!", she instructed, her hands on her hips and Abhik stood up, saluting her with a huge "Yes Mam" making her grin. She took a few steps towards her husband and looped her arms around his neck before leaning to kiss his cheek. Abhik immediately held her waist and smiled, rubbing her nose with her.

"I can't believe this is finally happening!", he stated, leaving her waist to cup her cheeks.

"Me neither. But this is happening, and I can't be more proud of you!", she returned his smile with a wider one, and rested her head on his chest, hugging him close.

"Now now, let's get to work before I loose control or Manik wouldn't waste one single minute to dig my grave!", Abhik laughed, making her chuckle, and together they set to work, preparing for the happiest moment ahead of their lives as of now.

--------

"Maaaniikkkkk!", Nandini whined, standing in front of her more than half emptied wardrobe, pouting to herself. Manik peeked from the washroom, his shaving blade in his hand, trying his best not to smile. A towel wrapped around his waist, and one cheek half shaved, he was a sight to behold.