41. AbhiShree!

~ Life is probably not about Special days, but about how to turn Atleast one moment from everyday special! ~

"STONE
PAPER
SCISSOR.....!!", Manik and Nandini excalimed simultaneously, forwarding their right hands, Nandini enacting stone and Manik, a pair of scissors.

"Yeay!!! HAAA! ", Nandini laughed and danced while Manik made a face before making his way to the kitechen, to make a cup of coffee for his majesty.

Well, yes, as stupid as it sounds, they were fighting about who makes the morning coffee, because both wanted to shower first, both claimed they need more time and both weren't ready to go easy.

"Manik ", Nandini peeked from the kitchen door and he turned, rasing an eye, his face drawn in a smirk.

"I was just saying -", Nandini played with her hands and gave him a sickly sweet smile but he cut her off.

"Yeah yeah, I will make the breakfast also, anyway will have to kill time because you take ages to shower!", he dismissed her with the back of his hand, earning a playful chuckle from Nandini who turned on her heels to go, before turning back again to call him.

"Pancakes I know. Chocolate syrup not maple. I know. Just go!", this time he shouted across even before she could call her name, and she giggled before running into the bedroom, leaving behind her smitten husband, shaking his head as he smiled to himself and sipped his coffee.

An elaborate bubble bath later, when Nandini came out of the washroom, carrying the lemon grass fragrance around her, she found her husband sitting on the bed, tapping his foot impatiently. But she saw him sniff the air in appreciation, his eyes shining as he took her in, clad in her bothrobe.  She apologetically shrugged and Manik picked up his towel and the white kurta from the bed.

"When Maa scolds, You are bearing the blame", he stated, pointing his index finger at her, and Nandini bit her smile as she nodded. To say Manik loved Mrs. Chatteejee would be like stating earth is round, but to say he was also legit scared of her, was like stating we breath to live.

Smiling to herself, she began drying her hair, enjoying the way they smelt. Lemon grass had been her recent addition and everything from her shower gel to shampoo had been replaced with the same. And as if in a trance, her mind travelled to the fight she and Manik had two days back.

"Nandini Yaar!", Manik called, as he got out of the washroom, his face showing his irritation. Nandini who was reading sitting on the bed, looked up.

"What is this smell lingering in? I couldn't even take a long shower as I wished too", Manik complained, throwing the wet towel on the bed. Nandini squinted, her lips rolled in frustration as she got up the bed, picked the towel and dumped it in the cloth bag.

"The smell is lemon grass. I love it. So deal with it", she threw her hair in the air and went back to bed.

"What do you mean deal with it? It's such a feminine smell. It's night now but how will I go to office smelling like that?", he asked, rolling his eyes and Nandini literally threw the book in her hand onto the bed as she glared at him.

"Are you kidding me Manik Malhotra? Smell travel through air. Use your body wash and your smell will dominate the air. Did you fail in science or something? Also, if it's too much of an issue, get your lazy ass out of the bed before me and take a shower before I enter! Not my problem", Nandini shouted and pulled over her comforter, leaving a puzzled Manik behind.

"What is wrong with you? Is it that time of the month?", he snickered and Nandini kicked him, earning a yelp.

"Geez Woman!!"