52. 13 Reasons Why

"Love always changes you, always. For good or bad, that depends on who you love"

The wedding is, usually, the most beautiful day of our lives, for most of us. The prospect of starting a life with someone you love, or like, or are going to fall in love with, that thrill, is like an entire zoo in your stomach. The anticipation of a 'Together Ever After' is undoubtedly, the most pleasant feeling, and Abhik and Anushree had a similar epiphany when they looked at each other, while the priest read the holy mantras. In traditional Bengali wedding trousseau, and their eyes glittery with happiness, they looked like the epitome of a love story blossoming beautifully.

Manik and Nandini stood in a corner, his arm draped over shoulder while she stayed tucked in to his side, content smiles on their faces, watching the couple taking the vows in front of them. It was another thing that Nandini had to forcefully fix her gaze at the Mandap, to avoid the hush hush aunties who won't stop teasing her, her cheeks already flustered red from all the embarrassment, more so for her husband was enjoying the time of his life, kissing her head, and holding her waist, specially in front of the same anuties. In Manik's defence, he just couldn't take his eyes off the prettiness Nandini looked all decked up in Bengali attire.

Mrs

Mrs. Chatterjee had laughed at her innocent complaints and raised her hands, claiming she didn't want to fall between 'couple romance', now that she would need to do that even at her home.

Amidst all of that, Nandini secretly, tapped her phone screen to check the time.

11:25 pm.

"Nandini, the wedding isn't that boring that you keep checking your phone", Manik commented, as he tilted a little, pulling her more to him.

Nandini clicked her tongue, her phone checking wasn't as secret as she thought.

She didn't reply Manik, but raised her eyes towards where Mrs. Chatterjee was sitting. Their eyes met, and the older lady blinked at her, as a go ahead. Nandini bit her smile and dramatically turned at Manik, batting her eyelashes and Manik immediately left her, taking a good look at her.

"Woah, Woah! What are you planning now Mrs. Malhotra? Trust me, you going all cute is usually an alarm signal!", Manik's words made Nandini laugh. She was proud of how much her husband knew her, but this wasn't the time to let him know that in ways she wanted to.

So rolling her lips in, she winked at him, and ran away, all the way from the Mandap to inside the resort, until the elevator. Manik followed, as expected, and as soon as he entered, Nandini pushed the button to their floor.

He frowned, completely confused. Nandini took a good look at him, and snorted.

"You know what Manik Malhotra, drama runs in my blood not yours", she scoffed, actually fake scoffed, for the smile was fighting her to light up her face, and Manik immediately turned red at her comment.