55. Devil's Nightmare?

~ I don't know anything with certainity, but seeing the stars, makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh~

Manik Malhotra had known this quite early into his married life that he had ended up marrying a witch in disguise of a damsel, but today he was realising that even the witch was in reality a devil in disguise.

Right now, it was taking every ounce of courage he had gathered over years to not burn her just through his gaze, while the Devil reincarnated, Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra was sitting on the bed, cross legged, her back resting on the bed rest and her upper body arched enough for her top to move up and skirt pushed below her navel, while she licked the ice cream cone with all kinds of elegance and grace.

Freaking Ice Cream Cone!!!!

Anu was sitting near Nandini's feet, and doing something on her phone, mostly updating her wedding pictures and replying to the wishes. Abhik was sitting on the opposite end of the bed, with the support of the head rest and talking to Manik, who was sitting near his feet, but had no idea about what his best friend was ranting. His entire concentration was on his wife, who was looking right back at him, with the naughtiest smile and an evil glee in her eyes.

She licked the scoop, her tongue running slow motion over the cold delicacy, but her eyes fixed on her husband, her body language suggesting exactly what Manik was having a hard time trying and not thinking about. She winked at him, and he gasped all of a sudden, earning Abhik's attention.

"What happened?", Abhik frowned, and Nandini giggled from beside.

"He must be remembering how tasty Ice cream is, and regretting not getting his dessert", she licked again, rolling her tongue and bit into the scoop, moaning in delight.

Abhik looked from Manik to Nandini in confusion, while her husband's ears had turned red.

She knew what he was thinking, he was imagining the feel of her tongue licking something very different than Ice cream.

"What?", Abhik frowned some more and Anushree turned to glare him, mischievously.

"Everybody have different desserts they love husband, understand!", Anu commented, and both the girls ended up giggling, while Manik was completely flustered, especially now that his best friend had got the context of the conversation.

"Manik you remember Delhi right? That flavour of the ice cream was so right, haina? So creamy, so delicious", Nandini was having a hard time controlling her bubbling laughter while Manik was having a hard time sitting in one place, watching her devilish antics.

Abhik and Anushree exchanged glances, their own memories of their kind of desserts running through their mind. The temperature in the room was suddenly too high for either of them's liking.

"Manik took so many bites of my ice cream in Delhi you know, I had to lick through the remains to satisy myself", Nandini continued, while Manik almost choked, looking at Nandini with his eyes gone wide, like a deer caught in headlight.

He had never been more glad to wear a long Kurta.

Kurtas are blessings, he muttered to himself, finding proper position to sit.

While Anu and Abhik continued to laugh, Nandini was noticing every action of her husband from the corner of her eyes.

She smirked, and ended up eating a huge bite of the scoop, her mouth wrapped around the cone as she licked, but her eyes dancing with laughter as she looked at her husband who was looking at her in pure fury.

She smirked again, and took her phone to text him.

"I hope you would remember in future, how leaving someone frustrated feels like.