6. A gift and A Godfather.

It was the week before holidays, and potions once again with the Slytherins when the winter came, layering thick snow covering the grounds of Hogwarts. Professor Snape comes in with the usual slamming of the door open and stoic face that turns into a sneer once the professor saw Jamie sitting between Ron and Hermione.

"A fall would not be an excuse for your lack of activities, Potter." Professor Snape says, causing the Slytherins to snort and snicker, and Jamie smiled before handing out her essays and assignments piled and bounded by a ribbon on top, looking like a present on holidays.

Jamie smiled sweetly as she hands her work to the shell-shocked Professor, "certainly, Professor."

Ron snickered beside her and the professor snappingly looked at him, causing Ron to clear his throat. Snape grabbed her works out of her hand and turns his back into them before teaching a lesson, gratefully, there is no activity for the partners to work on today. Jamie doesn't want a whining prat on potions right now, ever since their last argument in the hospital wing.

The Hufflepuff lose against the Ravenclaws, giving the Gryffindor a chance to have the cup this year. Without her now broken broom, Jamie was forced to use a standard broom against her will. Angelina called it first and they are done practicing for their quidditch, their last practice for the month of December.

Oliver expressed his concerns about winning the next match to Jamie. He wanted to win the next match, so that they could compete against the Slytherins and win the cup for his last year being the team captain of Gryffindor. Jamie knows what will Oliver feel if they did not win it. she also wanted to win the cup this year, Jamie wants to win back what she lost after the match against the Hufflepuffs.

She lowers her broom to the ground along with the others to return back inside the castle and the whole team decided to sit around the fireplace altogether in their common room to warm their icy fingers as they strategize their next match. She only needed to find another broom to compete, a new broom.

On their way through the halls, the group mindlessly chattered and someone called her name, abrupting the whole team to a stop.

"Potter!" Someone called, and he is wearing the Hufflepuff robes as far as Jamie can tell. He looked like someone who's higher in her year. Jamie felt like she saw him somewhere already.

"Merlin," Oliver whispered behind her, "Cedric Diggory won't stop, can't he?"

'Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff's seeker.', George's voice at the hospital wing rang inside her mind.

"Why? What happened?" Jamie questioned, and the twins smirked.

"Well, after the incident, the true cause of your fall spread like a wildfire," Fred says.

"After that, Diggory asked Oliver here if we are willing to do a rematch because he thinks, it is unfair on our side," George says.

"His whole house hated him for asking Oliver that, but Diggory did not care about it apparently." Fred finished.

"Diggory caught the snitch fair and square." Oliver countered, "in that case, there's no need to have a rematch against them."

"Oh," Jamie muttered. Well, he agreed with Oliver there. If only she didn't dive straight up ahead and did not forget what great danger lies ahead, she wouldn't fall.

"Potter," Diggory says after reaching the group. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

The twins made a low whistle behind her, and Jamie rolled her eyes playfully at them. "Of course."

"Well, we better get going, Jamie," Fred says, and the group started walking away from them with secretive smiles directed to Jamie.

"Don't let us disturb both of you!" Fred and George shouted and waved, before turning around to mind their business.