9. Skrewts and Curses

Jamie had waited patiently for the storm to pass until the weather outside have finally cleared for the first time and the sun is peeking through the gray clouds. The hype for the Triwizard tournament has not yet died down, and she has unmistakably overheard Seamus and Ron's conversation in the common room last night about joining the tournament along with Jordan Lee, Fred, and George.

How amazing as it sounds of joining and winning the eternal glory to her, Jamie has had her mind made up on the tournament that she doesn't want to be any part of it, even if she is given a chance. Hermione was skeptic about the whole tournament and Jamie knows that Hermione shares the same sentiment.

After what Sirius told her after the world cup ended, it made Jamie swore on her life that this year, she doesn't want to be part of anything or anywhere that will harm her. Jamie doesn't want Sirius to go back in his self-blaming when all she wanted for his Godfather is everything good in the world.

Dear Sirius

The storm is now gone and I did not leave behind any of the things I need. Or that's what I just thought. I'll check again later.

They finally told us what will happen this year. It's the Triwizard Tournament, and we have visitors from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang who will be with us to join in the tournament.

Everyone is so excited about joining it, even though Dumbledore said something about drawing up an age line that nobody under 17 can enter it. But, I think Fred and George will manage to pass it without a problem, I mean, where or who do they get some of their crazy ideas from, hmm, I wonder?

Ron wants to join it too. The Eternal Glory and thousands galleon as a prize sounds good, but Hermione and I don't care about it, not a single bit. I'm more worried about the Quidditch though, it was canceled because of the tournament. Maybe I can persuade Dumbledore to take the decision back. Just kidding, I won't do such a thing.

Anyways, how are you? Did you finally take the position in the Ministry? If yes, that's okay. But, if not, that's okay too. Do whatever makes you happy, Padfoot.

Jamie

After finishing her letter, she folded the parchment in half and puts the letter deep in the pockets of her robes to send it through Hedwig.

She was just making a mental note of bringing Hedwig's favorite owl treats when she felt the lovely braid of her hair made by Lavender this early morning, starts to become undone along with her ribbon tie that holds it all together.

She turns her head around in frustration and saw no one walking or standing behind her to pull the ribbon ties. Jamie tugged the ribbon tie angrily from her hair and started tying it in a ponytail with the tie. She scanned the great hall cautiously for a minute and returned to her cutleries.

Jamie felt her whole day ruined just because of some prankster. It couldn't be Fred and George. Ginny has yelled and threaten to hex them if they touched a strand of any girl's hair. They are also too busy chatting up on the very end of the table about their own method of entering the tournament.

"Ron Weasley, The Champion of Hogwarts and Gryffindor," says Ron as his hands quoted his words in the air and smiled goofily, unaware of Hermione's blank look and Jamie's seething face. "Sounds amazing, isn't it?"

Jamie can only nod for her friend, and bit her tongue from saying how mental and silly he looked like while doing it. Unlike them, she doesn't want to ruin anyone's morning.

"Yeah, if you are mental enough to join the tournament that is," Hermione says and Ron shrugged before sitting down before forking down the content of his plate.