6. His sorrow

Half of the fire around the camp are already extinguished but the smoke is still thick, quite thick that they needed all of their wands for visibility.

The chill of the evening wrapped around the group making all of them shiver. People are now trailing back to their camps, they seem calmer now, but some of them still have their shock evident on their faces.

Wizards with colorful robes she had seen back in St. Mungo's, rushed left and right to aid people who were hurt in the tragedy. The security is tighter than ever, ministry workers are now cautiously and anxiously checking everyone in hopes of catching suspicious people and those who disrupted the was peaceful night.

"Are you two alright?" said Jamie.

"We're alright, mate, just a bit shaken up." said Ron sounding terrified, "Next time, let's have a rope around us or something."

"I'm sorry, Jamie." says Hermione apologetically, "If only I didn't... If I didn't..."

"It's okay, Hermione. It's not your fault, nobody got hurt." Says Jamie and entwines her arm along with Hermione and Ron's, All she can now do is to be thankful that both of her friends are safe.

"I'm glad I found you three instantly. I won't be able to handle it if I lose you all in just one night." Said Mr. Weasley.

"How about Fred, George, and Ginny, dad?" Ron says worriedly, "We lost them too at the crowd."

"They are now back on the tent safely. Charlie found them first." Mr. Weasley says, sounding thankful and worried too at the same time.

As Jamie thinks about it, the thought of losing your own family in such big events truly frightens her. She remembers only the sight of countless people trying to hold on to their relatives and fully determined not to lose them in dark.

Jamie looked up to the sky; the skull with the snake had already disappeared, no more bodies are being levitated in the air, and the dark hooded figures are long gone. But what they left on their wake is something that people won't just be able to forget.

When they reached the tent, a sense of relief washed all of them. The three of Ron's older brothers have tattered shirts and bleeding profusely from helping the ministry, while Fred, George, and Ginny are all sitting quietly and huddled together.

"Did you get them, dad?" Bill broke the silence.

"Unfortunately, No," Mr. Weasley says and sat down on the nearest kitchen table.

"What is that thing they conjured, dad, the mark?" Ron questions and the memory of eerie green snake slithering in the skies made Jamie shudder. "Why did everyone panicked?"

"That is You-know-who's dark mark and it hasn't been seen and conjured since thirteen years ago... You can only imagine the horror of it... Some will think that you-know-who is back." Mr. Weasley says, "It made people panic more when it was conjured by one of them who is undoubtedly you-know-who's followers, they are called Death Eaters. They are only conjuring the mark every time they murder or for a message... but funnily, some of them disapparated after they saw it, they were down on numbers instantly."

     Death Eater? Isn't that what Sirius had called Malfoy's father? Jamie thought to herself.

"They disapparated?" Ron says loudly, "Shouldn't they be pleased that You-know-who is back? Considering that they worked for him in the past?"

"Ron, what was left of the past Death eaters are the only ones who struggled on working their way out of Azkaban." Bill says, "Of course, they will be scared that You-know-who is back, the amount of damage and consequences from it are immeasurable and have a greater impact on their daily lives that was down on the mud back then."