8. The Triwizard Tournament

"Did you saw the large ship on the great lake and the gigantic pack of horses outside?" Ron says as the Sorting hat yelled 'Gryffindor', "Who do you think it was?"

"There's a bloody storm outside and I was busy dodging water balls from Peeves, Ron. I won't be able to see anything," said Jamie.

"Yeah, but when did we ever get visitors who have ships and carriages? It's the first time."

"It must be about the big thing that everybody is so keen to talk about," Hermione says without looking up from her book.

"What is everyone waiting for?" Ron muttered after the sorting for the students has come to its end. Dumbledore hasn't announced the beginning of the feast and is in deep in conversation with Professor McGonagall, "It's not funny. They are keeping us waiting until we starved to death."

"Oh, don't be dramatic, Ronald, Is food the only thing in your mind?" Hermione reprimanded across Jamie, "Honestly, you're a complete Hippogriff. You did not even notice the seat for our Defense teacher is unoccupied."

Jamie turned her head to look where their new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professors would usually sit and there was none, "You think they couldn't find one this year?"

"That's just impossible, they wouldn't dare continue the year without completing the staff," Hermione says before thunderclaps and lightning flashed outside, while the enchanted ceiling mirrors what the state of clouds are on the outside. Deep colors varied in purples and red swirled around above their heads and everyone would jump in of their seats at the occasional booming sounds of thunder.

Jamie's gaze soon drifted from the ceilings and to someone behind Hermione's shoulder. Her eyes caught Malfoy's who was talking to Zabini and turned his head just in time to meet hers.

Jamie still has not forgotten the thing about Malfoy and his father who have a history of being a Death Eater. But the look in Malfoy's face when Jamie questioned him in the forest is enough to be an answer for the rising million questions, even though she doesn't have any other evidence to prove that his father is indeed one of them on that night.

     If only I have another way to know more about it, then we can use it against them.

Her brows soon knitted in confusion when Malfoy has not given his own signature smirk or anything that will agitate her. It already happened before. Instead, Malfoy only stared back at her with a piercing gaze. Jamie suddenly recalls her stupid fight with Parkinson on the train and the git didn't even bother to stop his stupid girlfriend.

What does Cedric mean by Malfoy's staring? He said Malfoy was too preoccupied with it, and Jamie has come to a conclusion that he embarrassingly gets off on his stupid girlfriend attacking and harassing anyone who comes on their way. Every time Jamie is thinking of Parkinson and Malfoy together, she wants to throw up and Jamie can't figure out the reason why.

Jamie did wish to have a quiet year, and what a way it is to start by having a senseless and stupid fight with Malfoy's girlfriend. She expected more from herself.

     It's not worth my time, really, they worth nothing.

She's getting tired of her time being consumed by the nonsense fighting with Malfoy and his lackeys, who bully and push everyone around. She would like to glue their tongue to the roofs of their mouths someday, so the peacefulness of Hogwarts and in their lives would finally settle.

Their little staring competition across the great hall was cut off by Ron elbowing her side to look at Mr. Filch, who is running funnily from the doors of the great hall and to the table for the teachers.