4. The Burrow

Jamie stared hard on her reflection in the mirror of the bathroom, her eyebrows furrowed to a frown as the pads of her fingertips touched and scrubbed the thunderbolt-shaped scar on her forehead. The scar was throbbing painfully a few nights ago, it stung her finger when she had touched it and the burning sensation of her scar isn't unmistakable.

The dream happened the night after her birthday. It was so vivid and surreal at the same time, that Jamie had to grip herself in the closest physical object and remember that she is under Sirius' care and no one was being killed in her room. She found herself clutching the picture frame of her parents smiling and dancing to the camera like there's no tomorrow. As if there is no death that will chase them to the end of the line.

Was it only a dream? Jamie can describe her dream or whatever it is in every detail: the coldness of the dark room, the items in the table, the walls, all of it. She can still hear the ear piercing screams coming from the old man and the way his body froze and crumble under the green lightning from the wand that she believed, is owned by Voldemort.

Jamie can't mistake it to be someone else's, she will always remember how Voldemort sounds in every way possible but it is very different, like Voldemort is very weak and frail. There is another voice owned by a nameless man who have the wildest eyes Jamie had ever seen and who she can describe his appearance in total accurate. They are casually talking about the death of Bertha Jorkins whose name is very unknown to her, and their plan that something had to do within the Hogwarts and... and her.

What could be it? What are the plans that they have to delay because of Peter Pettigrew's absence? What was the information that they had extracted from Bertha Jorkins?

Jamie is so deep in her thoughts that she found herself standing in the middle of her room, she stared blankly at her clothes sprawled out on the bed. Jamie is to pack her clothes before going to the burrow. She is meant to do the packing a bit earlier but with what happened to her dream, it always took her attention away in every minute.

Someone knocked on her door and Jamie jumped out of her skin.

"Prongslet? May I come in?"

It's Sirius... it's only Sirius and certainly not the old muggle man standing outside her door. Jamie drew a shaky breath before opening the door, Sirius' blinding smile greeted her. She should tell him what happened to her dream, maybe Sirius can figure it out what it is.

"Alright, Prongslet?" Sirius' voice wondered aloud and Jamie nodded numbly. "You sure? You look a little pale."

Later. Jamie will tell him later.

"It's nothing, Padfoot. I'm excited about what will happen to the Cup." Jamie forced a smile.

"That doesn't look like excitement to me." Sirius snorted before his features schooled into a serious one. "You know you can tell me everything, right?"

Jamie nodded solemnly but it takes her seconds to reply, "I know."

Sirius examined her closely before shaking it off and took a glance at the disaster in her bed. "I see you have not packed yet."

"Sorry about the disaster. I just can't get myself to do it." Jamie said honestly before huffing and moved her clothes under the duvet.

"It reminds me back to my days, James would do it in last minute and Lily would give him an earful about it." Sirius chuckled and Jamie smiled as she imagined her parent's bickering, "And you have not opened your gifts, and here I am wondering why you have not worn Molly's gift yet."

Sirius is pointing at the unopened gift boxes piled on the corner of the room right beside her study table and Jamie gives him a playful glare. "I can't believe you, my Godfather, is spoiling what are the contents of the gifts."