17. De novo

Jamie sure had some sleepless nights on her year. From Sirius' escape where she felt uneasy the most and managed to lose her hands on her map, from Buckbeak's trial and to the point where Dementors starts to affect her so.

This year wasn't easy, and the past years too. Jamie felt she was living under a constant cycle with all the things not creating any sense around her while She fought off things that aren't supposed to be faced by a mere girl in her third year. It is where she comes unprepared, only to use her instinct and courage.

Jamie was still disturbed on What Professor Trelawney had said about Voldemort that felt like it was only yesterday, only to be realized she is still thinking about it unto this day. It is their last week on Hogwarts, and Jamie should be focusing about her moving with Sirius.

Jamie is sitting in their table at the Great hall with Ron, and Hermione to eat breakfast. She was writing on parchment with Sirius' letter under the parchment she was writing on, but she can't focus at the same time when a voice disturbed her almost every day.

"The dark lord will rise, the servants will come together...

"Jamie..."

"A terrible calamity... will soon break..."

"...Jamie..?"

"And the servants.... Will rejoice..."

"...Jamie!"

She jolted on her seat, and the quill was dropped from her hands. Jamie was faced by Hermione and Ron's worried faces.

"You alright there mate? You've been staring at Malfoy for too long." Ron says, his face twisted into disgust. "I know, Malfoy being with Parkinson is weird, but I didn't know you fancy... Malfoy?"

Jamie's brain processed what Ron had said, "I..., what?"

Hermione gave Ron a glare, "Ronald, doesn't mean when the girls are staring to someone, they fancy who they are staring too!"

Ron blushed hard and Jamie was still processing her thoughts, "Why? No? It doesn't work like that?"

"Honestly, Ron!" Hermione almost shouted, "Where did you get that?!"

"Wait... Did you say Malfoy and Parkinson... are dating?" Jamie whispered unbelievingly and Ron nodded. It reminded her Parkinson's words a few months ago. They are quite a pair, both who happened to be so full of themselves. "When did that happen?"

"I heard it from Parvati on the common room, it happened ever since after the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch match," Ron whispered back, and Jamie snorted.

They are still quite young to be in a relationship, but Jamie lets it be. She never thought of having a relationship with such a young age. Who am I to fuss on what happens to their life?

"So..." says Ron hesitatingly before a disgusted expression emerged again on his face, "...you fancy Malfoy?"

Jamie choked on her spit, "What in the merlin's name, Ron?!"

Hermione sighed beside her, "I told you."

Ron puts his hands up, guilty. "What? She was staring at Malfoy for too-!"

Jamie winced as Ron's voice starts to rise and the others on their table are looking at them. Jamie gritted her teeth, It just happened that she was staring where Malfoy sat, only a coincidence!

"Lower down your voice Ron!" Whispered Jamie harshly and looked over where Lavender is sitting in a great distance. Thankfully, she doesn't have any idea about what was happening. "We can't let the others spread such anticipating news, aren't we?"