12. Whomping Willow

Jamie was feeling the loss to her map in the morning when they gathered for Breakfast before the announcement of Hogsmeade. Everyone on their table was thrumming with excitement. Some even wished to see her Firebolt that was currently hidden in her trunk, while Oliver scheduled their training for Quidditch the next whole week before the match.

Ron and Hermione still won't talk and won't stop glaring with each other. The conflict between them is getting ridiculous, and Jamie lets it be for the meantime. It will pass eventually, and She can only hope that it won't last until the end of the school year with no hopes of fixing Crookshanks and Scabber's bond.

But Jamie felt she needs to formulate a new plan to remedy somehow their friendship. Jamie can't stop trying to, She can't if the both of them did not cooperate and won't try to fix it.

Somehow, Hermione and I did not see Scabbers going out of the tower, Jamie thought to herself. Jamie realized, she only focused on getting Peter Pettigrew. She remembered Crookshanks was sitting still on their dorm as if she's guarding Hermione's bed.

Jamie still cannot forget about the incident last night. It's a bad thing to be caught by Snape in the middle of the night, but encountering those who are walking in the map without any physical contact was the most she was stunned to. The twins did not, however, informed her about the problems on the map. But, it is most likely that they are not aware of the situation, or they haven't encountered Pettigrew at all

"Jamie, I have a piece of news about that Pettigrew," Ron says in the Morning as they sat down on the bench of the great hall, and Jamie perked up.

"What? Peter Pettigrew, you say?"

Ron nodded, "I asked Percy about it. He doesn't know anyone or any names like those."

"What about the ghosts inside Hogwarts?"

Ron's face scrunched up, "I think not too, He would've told me about it. It's not a coincidence, yes?"

That's strange, Percy was a standing headboy on his years. He wouldn't miss the ghosts lurking in their hallways right?

"Yes, Ron." Says Jamie thoughtfully, "It's not just coincidence."

"Well," Ron whispered as Jamie sipped on her pumpkin juice. "Are you gonna sneak out to Hogsmeade today?"

"No, maybe after the Quidditch match against the Ravenclaws." Jamie nodded. She doesn't want to lie to her friend on what she was going to do, instead of making a trip to Hogsmeade.

The only way she remembered on getting to Hogsmeade is the one-eyed witch passageway and the whomping willow to the shrieking shack which is never an option.

"I don't have my map," Jamie confessed.

"You don't have it?! You're joking." Says Ron with an unbelieving look on his face, until He noticed the seriousness in Jamie's stare. "Wha- How? Why?"

Jamie can try, and explain to Ron on how she lost the map. Except for the plan on fixing his and Hermione's conflict, it all failed terribly. "Remember when I told you, I saw Peter Pettigrew on the map?"

Ron nodded.

"I may, or may not come after him in the middle of the night." Jamie sheepishly says, "I saw him outside the Gryffindor tower, then Professor Snape caught me holding the map. He forced the map to reveal it's contents, and well, the map insulted him back."