T W E N T Y - T H R E E

A couple days later...

Ethan's P.O.V

Plopping lazily on my bed, I scrolled through my phone with nothing to do.

It was Saturday night and I didn't intend on going anywhere for I didn't feel like it and definitely wasn't in the mood for anything.

My bedroom door soon flew open making me avert my gaze to it as Grayson appears in the doorway fixing the collar of his shirt.

"Is it alright?" He asked displaying his outfit for me as I nodded silently letting him know it was decent enough.

"You going?" He asked after seconds of silence making me shake my head in return. "No, I don't feel like it."

"Ethan not going to a party? Now that's a surprise" he huffed jokingly making me chuckle slightly in return "shut up"

He stopped in his tracks sighing not daring to remove his burning gaze off me. "It's because of her isn't it?"

I instantly groan in annoyance at the mention of her name as I didn't want to be reminded of her at the moment.

She's been constantly occupying my thoughts making me frustrated with that way things have been lately

"No Grayson, it's not" I sighed "and it's much preferable if you don't remind me of her every fucking second."

He tugged on his hair lowering his gaze at the carpeted floor before approaching my bed slowly sitting at the end of it. "Listen, I think you should go talk to her and try to fix things."

Immediately I shook my head to repeatedly not being very fond of the idea, "it's not that easy."

"But it is, you two obviously love each other but you're too stubborn to do anything," his tone was very soft as he gave me a pleading look wanting this to work out.

"I just...I don't know," I paused before continuing "I don't know how to confront her. I've never been good with love and you know that."

He nodded understanding "Take a chance, you never know what could happen," and with that, he stood up wanting to exit the room.

"I'll think about it," I blurted out stopping him as he turned around displaying a half smile somehow satisfied.

Maybe I should man up for tonight, tell her how I truly feel instead of keeping this ignoring game going on.

I can't keep denying my feelings anymore. Sooner or later she should know, and maybe sooner is better as I don't want to lose her to anyone.

Kayla's P.O.V

  Looking at the full body mirror, I was extremely satisfied with my outfit choice picked for tonight.

I originally didn't feel like going socializing and being around loud blaring music as drunken people danced carelessly and desperate assholes constantly tried to get in your pants for the night.

I just didn't have the energy anymore for all so that as my mind seem to be focusing on one thing constantly- Ethan.

  I didn't know if he's gonna be there tonight but all I knew is that I wasn't ready to come close to him.