78

"it makes me so fucking angry," phil said. his head was dropped in his hands while he sat on the edge of dan's bed. the intensity of his anger made his body fidgety and tense and he needed to be able to bounce his leg to release the negative energy. "you don't deserve all the shit you get."

"it's okay. it doesn't matter," dan said softly, in a fond tone that had been subconsciously reserved for only phil. he crawled from the corner of his bed that he had been occupying to his boyfriend, so he could wrap his arms around his shoulders. phil's eyes slipped shut and a sigh left his lips at the feeling.

"it does. it isn't fair to you and your feelings, especially since you've dealt with this kind of shit for years." phil's voice was so quiet it was almost a whisper.

"maybe it isn't," dan sighed and hugged phil closer to him, "but it doesn't matter because i have you. i have you and i'm surrounded by love from our friends and families, and that's what matters. the hateful words don't mean a thing when i have the most wonderful boy sitting right in front of me who picks me up off my ass when i'm knocked down."

phil let a small smile rise on his face as he turned and pulled dan into his lap. dan ran a hand through his boyfriend's hair lightly in comfort.

"you are truly amazing, you know that?"