chapter eight

four syllabes: pu. tang. i. na.

it's been two weeks since i started living with jaehyun, and those four syllables are the only words i could say to describe our situation until today. hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin ako nasasanay sa sitwasyon naming dalawa and how we work our damned schedules.

well (un)fortunately, i started living with jaehyun. i was forced to, to clarify. this. this is exactly the disadvantage of your agency not knowing your situation.

jaehyun and i are almost done with our furniture shopping, but we only have seventeen minutes left. currently, we're running to the department store to pick up some accessories for the condo. in the middle of running, my phone suddenly rang.

i know that phones with the ringer on are prohibited during filming but it's my emergency phone, where the head manager and my family members can only call me when it's an emergency. i stopped running and so did jaehyun. humingi ako ng paumanhin sa pd and staff, and i explained to jaehyun, "sorry, it's my emergency phone. i've got to answer it."

he was taken aback--probably not expecting i have one--but he still agreed. i smiled at him, clearly grateful for his permission, and brought out my phone but i still distanced myself from him a bit.

"hello? manager-nim?"

"sooyeon-ah?"

"ne?" kinakabahan kong tanong. he rarely calls me on this phone, meaning there's a big problem. shit... what if nalaman pala nilang kasal kami ni jaehyun? then would they stop this? would they stop everything? would they stop the fire that's starting to burn in me, or as i pray, to us?

'di ko ata kakayanin 'yun.

"you know that offer from wgm? the free lodging?"

tumango ako, as if he could hear me. "y-yes."

"you see, sooyeon... we kind of need you to... take that offer."

kumunot ang noo ko. what? why? teka, are they kicking me out of the dorm? have i violated something? did my members get annoyed at me to the point they'll kick me out or something? o kaya naman--

"before you start thinking of anything else," mabilis na sabi ni manager-nim. "bumababa ang stocks natin, unfortunately. there was an error about sa financial reports that we planned and paid an amount that is lacking, and not even your sunbaes could save us now. medyo malaki ang pera. we're trying to take out loans pero it's not enough. it'll be a big help if you move out temporarily. we already made the arrangements, and the company must've already done contacting wgm now. so, get whatever you need and you have to move by the end of the day."

toot toot.

bastos, binabaan naman ba ako nang 'di pa ako nagsasalita?

i groaned. do i not have the right to make a decision? ba't ako? ba't ako 'yung itinataya nila? mayroon pa naman silang other artists, ah. ba't kailangan ko pang madamay sa mga kabobohan nilang nagawa? sorry ha, pero bakit kami pa ang madadamay?

eh anong sasabihin ko kay jaehyun? 'hey, jaehyun. alam mo 'yung sinasabi kong isa lang ang magmo-move in? sorry, pero magmo-move in na rin ako.' o 'di naman kaya 'oy jaehyun, my bro! we're gonna be housemates!' amp.

huminga ako nang malalim at lumapit kay jaehyun. he's just using his phone, unbothered. unbothered at what is happening. unbothered at what could change his life. but he still looks so handsome, whatever he does, he's flawless in looks.

"jaehyun."

tumingin siya sa 'kin with his eyes wide open then when he saw me, he smiled. "ano sabi?"