chapter fifteen

"eonni, you look beautiful," ryujin complimented me as we both looked at a full-body mirror. "champagne really compliments your skin tone."

"thank you, ryujin," i smiled at her. "you look beautiful, too." i looked at ryujin's dress. she was wearing a royal red above-the-knee fitted cocktail dress. she's really beautiful, i can't believe i'm leaving her soon...

well, are you wondering about what happened? hmm... for one, i left jaehyun and i's condominium and completely stayed in my own apartment. and true enough, i handed my resignation letter the day after i confronted jaehyun about his plan. we got married actually accepted my resignation, especially since they're still feeling guilty because they're the root of my problems with jaehyun. but they wanted a proper farewell to the fans, so that day, they informed jaehyun and the public that jaehyun and i's days in we got married our ending. and that's where today comes to the picture.

remember about the prom surprise i was to throw for jaehyun? that's going to be our proper last episode. it was pushed back two days so everyone can sink in everything that happened. but i'm glad, because it has at least given me time and space and for wgm to prepare. and after this prom stuff, i'm flying back home... to los angeles. 

i finally convinced jyp to let me go on a hiatus from golden girls. i was offered a lead role in a tv show that's bound to be the next hit. they said it's supposed to be the mixture of gossip girl and degrassi. i accepted the role and i'll be moving back to la to shoot it. jyp doesn't manage my activities in the us, that's why they cannot hold me back from this, especially because jyp is my secondary agency and not my main one. 

tatlong araw lang muna ako sa los angeles, lalo na't hindi pa naipadala lahat ng gamit ko roon. aasikasuhin ko lang ang mga preps para sa production ng tv show ko sa la, but i will go back to korea kasi kailangan ko pang asikasuhin yung drama ko with cha eunwoo, plus three months ang contract ko sa apartment na nirent ko. but of course, i'm going back to la after the three months because luckily, the setting for the first half is in riverside, california. that bitch, rosé, dropped out of the drama, so that's like hitting two birds with one stone. 

"are you ready?" tanong ni yeji samin pagkalabas niya ng dressing room. lumabas na rin ang iba naming members. i sighed and nodded. "well, then, let's give sooyeon the grand entrance she deserves!"

we all giggled. then, we all linked our arms together, and with me in the center, we entered the ballroom. 

as we entered, a red carpet met us, complete with velvet red and gold barriers on the sides, and stars with all of our names, and by all, i mean nct and gg, on the floor. in the middle of that carpet, there was this picture taking mini stage where normally the paparazzi takes pictures of those who stepped on the stage. 

my members and i stepped on that stage and posed. pagkatapos ng tatlong minuto, tinuloy namin ang paglakad sa red carpet. and finally, we reached the venue proper. the walls were draped with white transparent curtains, but there was a huge red curtain covering the makeshift stage and behind that stage, covering a 150" flat screen television. near the stage, there was a sign with lighted letters and bulbs lining the sign, saying: AWARDS SHOW PROM NIGHT. 

a wgm staff member led us to our table... well, actually, my members' table. there are six chairs, and there are six tables. another wgm staff member led me to my own table as i bid goodbye to my members.

nang nakarating na kami sa table namin ni jaehyun, i assume, since my name and his are written in a card on that table, i observed my surroundings. red yung color ng cloth na nangcacover sa dalawang chairs at isang circular table, with a black triangular satin cloth covering it. there was a makeshift thropy as a centerpiece, and the glasswares are colored black. tumingin ako sa taas ko. there was that makeshift chandelier we made filled with golden stars, and star-shaped fairy lights hanging on the ceiling. it looks magical.