epilogue

"miss jo, the sajang-nim will see you now."

huminga ako nang malalim bago ako tumayo. well, today is an eventful day. kinakabahan akong naglakad papunta sa pinto. the secretary opened the door for me, and after forcibly collecting myself mentally, physically, and emotionally, i walked into the room, bracing myself for what might happen next.

"good morning po, sajang-nim," bati ko kay jyp and bowed lower than i usually do.

"what's so good about this morning, sooyeon?" he blankly looked at me and motioned me to sit down. umupo naman ako, fearing to increasy his fury. "i'm sure you already saw the dating news. and what can i say, sooyeon, and i am so angry."

tumungo ako. i know that he must be really disappointed right now, about the result of that show - we got married.

"can you read the headline for me again, sooyeon?" he asked me, seeming nonchalant though in a sarcastic undertone. i cleared my throat and took the cellphone he was trying to hand me.

"nct jaehyun and blackpink rosé reportedly dating: what about golden girls alyssa?" i read, and immediately felt ashamed. this headline just took me to a drive through memory lane - jaehyun and rosé's secret dates, their breakup, me secretly liking jaehyun and feeling like a third party... but i guess i was, wasn't i? that must be how the public looks at me now: the mistress, the one who caused the conflict. i will be hated by everybody because of some article!

"so, what do you have to say for yourself?" he sternly asked. "before i let you explain, i'll explain to you what's the situation first: right now, you're being branded as the third party since you might have possibly caused a conflict in their relationship. now - your fans, jaehyun's fans, you and jaehyun's fans, rosé's fans, and rosé and jaehyun's fans - are wondering if that is the reason why your wgm reign ended abruptly, and why you left for california. they also think that the reason why rosé dropped out from the drama is because that you had some conflict with her, a fight. and now, in light of this, dating rumors between you and eunwoo are brewing."

tumango ako. it's been a month since i got off the plane for jaehyun. i still remember that day, when eunwoo and i broke up because i realized jaehyun still owned my heart.

"jaehyun!" i called out, running to the airport. "jaehyun!"

keep on running, alyssa. keep on running.

"taxi! taxi, please!" may lumapit sakin na taxi. agad akong sumakay, and hurriedly say, "yongsan-gu, seoul, please. and step on it! i need to meet someone!"

as the taxi ran, i kept on praying, hoping that he'll be there. and i kept on hoping that this is a decision i won't regret.

nang nakarating na kami sa harap ng building namin ni jaehyun, i brought out my wallet and gave the driver the biggest cash i've got. "keep the change!" sigaw ko at pumasok ng building namin. "jaehyun, jaehyun..."

finally, i reached our condo. i put on the password and ran inside the condominium. please, please, please be here...

"jaehyun!" i shouted desperately. "jaehyun!"

nang hindi ko siya nakita sa living room, pumasok ako sa kuwarto niya.

"JAEHYUN!"

"sooyeon?" i turned around and saw jaehyun, wearing a bathrobe, rushing out of the bathroom. "wh-what's up? why are you here?"

i didn't bother to answer. ginawa ko na ang unang pumasok sa utak ko. tumakbo ako papunta sa kanya, dropped all of my things, and kissed him on the lips. alam kong nagulat siya, since i felt him gasp beneath my lips, but then he answered and kissed me back, more passionately than usual, more gently than when i crashed my lips to his.